F-14 Tomcat Parking Only

my all time fav F-14 scheme...no one makes decals for this do they?...even the tanks have shark mouths

f14a_vf111.jpg

GROM i know what decals your on about...there not the same,this is exactly the CAG scheme but low viz

Dave Brown says he has not even seen a photo of a machine in this scheme if i recall

Here's some shots of that scheme, its not my favorite SunDowner livery though

http://www.anft.net/f-14/f14-photo-vf111-11xl.jpg

http://www.anft.net/f-14/f14-photo-vf111-15xl.jpg

It was done in decal form by Superscale and Zotz

Zotz sheet on their website

A Superscalesheet set on Ebay

(dropped to page FOUR?? not my beloved tomcat!!)

Ok, here's a few more from my trip. Some of these will be going in my book, others will not.

VX-9 F-14B:

163226-2.jpg

Last 103 jets standing (probably scrapped by now)

162705-1.jpg

154 CAG jet on Celeb row (totally wasn't expecting this one)

161866-2.jpg

VF-84 commemorative jet (last Tomcat with Snodgrass' name on it, I believe)

161137-8.jpg

VF-213

159628-4.jpg

VF-14 CAG jet (this one's for Marbrey. I know he liked this jet)

0124-3.jpg

Jeremy,

Great pictures! Thanks for sharing.

1 question though.......seems we've been hearing about this book for quite some time (years) now. When will it actually come to fruition, who is the publisher, etc??

Curious minds want to know. :thumbsup:

hello!

concerning that loviz vf111, i think that revell include it in their last release of their 1/32nd tomcat...

i'm still looking to find it....

bye

I have those Revell decals and for the most part it's correct but they included USS Carl Vinson decals with it and it is for this scheme totally WRONG , should be USS Kitty Hawk ..... and the sharkteeth aren't the correct shape either !! VF-111 were on the Vinson starting from 1983 and this scheme is from 1981.

On that Drawing the BuNo is also incorrect , the BuNo should be 160674

VF-111NL-2111606841981.jpg

NL-211 160684 1981

HTH Henk

Jeremy,

Great pictures! Thanks for sharing.

1 question though.......seems we've been hearing about this book for quite some time (years) now. When will it actually come to fruition, who is the publisher, etc??

Curious minds want to know. :rolleyes:

Thanks Craig! I finally got a publisher last october. I've been working with Jake Melampy and he has decided to host me under his company at Reid Air Publications. The official announcement will probably be made late this year or early next, but my current shelf date is set for Summer of '09 (if I can get more of these interviews in, lol!). I won't release the title until the official announcement, but the book will basically cover the F-14 from the squadron prospective (basically covering each squadron from the day they first got F-14s to the day they either dis-established or switched to new jets). I'm getting some really wonderful stories that have come in which should make for an interesting read :coolio:

Cheers,

-Jeremy

I've had this 8x10 since the late 70's when I was in the Civil Air Patrol. We had a bunch of old photos at the squadron and I was either very lucky or very smart to snag them up. I have no clue who originally obtained them or why they were left in our office. Today I was cleaning up my garage and found them. Very cool!

At any rate, I believe this is a photo of the F-14 mockup. A bad scan of a glossy b/w and the back of the print with the US Navy stamp. I really think my scanner is about to die (it's 10 years old) and I can't explain the green stuff on the scan. The stamp is about the color that shows here however. Pretty much speaks for itself.

Mark

F-14mockup.jpg

F-14pic_backstamp.jpg

C'mon guys get this thread back on the first page , where the Tomcat belong .

I don't know who the photographer is from this pic , I think it must be a Grumman photographer........!?

GrummanF-14A16066921sept78001-01.jpg

PDF 160669 Tailnr : 288 21 Sept 1978

Njoy , Henk

Edited by sundowner

I know we've seen this F-14 a hundred times, but I was board today so I went over to the museum and shot some pics of our tomcat. Plus, I was brushing up on my amature photog skills and needed some practice on shooting odd angles.

AC008.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

... mr turkey, meet miss tweet.

anyway i'm looking for pics of 164342 while she served at vf-124, modex was nj140 or nj133. i'm doing her(164342's) history in kit form (vf-2 '106', vf-101 '164', vf-31 '100') and would very much appreciate any help. in fact it don't have to be exact shots of her, planes of the same sqn frm late 93 -late 96 would suffice. i just wonder if they had the chevron on the tail. Many many thanks!

-kevin

Edited by Tomcat RIO