F/A-18 A/A+/B/C/D Hornet

Well I guess that 94 jet is out of the bag now! We were waiting for the right time to post this, so here it is. Look for this jet on a Fightertown Decals sheet coming SOON!

CAGPROFILE.jpg

Enjoy.

Mike

Well I guess that 94 jet is out of the bag now! We were waiting for the right time to post this, so here it is. Look for this jet on a Fightertown Decals sheet coming SOON!

CAGPROFILE.jpg

Enjoy.

Mike

Mike, did you get pictures of the underside of the wings, stabs and LEX? Cool flames. I've got a complete walk around from this week.

Tank

Like several things especially about that new Hobo bird...uniqueness, if you will.

1) The '400' on the nose and the way it's NOT painted half-and-half with a different color (ala the '100' on the Black Aces CAG), I think it looks better in one color.

2) The addition of the colored tank (wish we saw more of it).

3) Pinstripe carried all the way down the leading edges of the wings and over to the horizontal stabs.

4) Painted tailhook.

Thanks for posting the pics, btw.

-John

This is one of my favorite schemes! I think 94 did a great job on it! Yeah I agree with John we need to see more Fuel Tanks painted, at least the centerline tank.

U Mean like this?

There are 3 tanks painted in this scheme, so Hobo 400 can go Triple Bubble in style!

Note that the flames go across almost 3/4 of the bottom of the tank.

DSCF0018.jpg

DSCF0055.jpg

Mean like this?

There are 3 tanks painted in this scheme, so Hobo 400 can go Triple Bubble in style!

Note that the flames go across almost 3/4 of the bottom of the tank.

Yup! Man I wish I could post the in-flight shots we got from 94! All 3 tanks loaded, it looks bad***.

By the way I sent you a pm. Great pics.

Edited by Mike5401

CAGPROFILE.jpg

Enjoy.

Mike

Very cool! Don't forget to include the FOD cover markings too!!

F-18C on display at the former NAS Cecil Field near Jacksonville. The heat and intease sun light really plays havoc with outside displays. 5/08

PICT1096.jpg

PICT1097.jpg

Harry

Good lawd!!!!! Thats gonna be fun to paint and or decal!!!!

Don't worry, all your gonna have to paint is the Black for the spine and the TPS Gray. Everything else is decal.

Very cool! Don't forget to include the FOD cover markings too!!

That's a for sure. Afteral we're the ones who started adding those types of things on the sheets. So they will be on there. :thumbsup:

B)

Don't worry, all your gonna have to paint is the Black for the spine and the TPS Gray. Everything else is decal.

That's a for sure. Afteral we're the ones who started adding those types of things on the sheets. So they will be on there. :D

:yahoo:

I know, and now we're all spoiled and expect them!!

But they sure are awesome looking on the models!!

G'day All,

Time for some more Aussie jets. :whistle:

The wind, weather, flying program and my day off all came together today to finally enable me to capture what has been, for me, one of the more elusive Hornets to get in front of the lens. A21-47 with its special tail.

Mottys-Hornet-A21-47_2008_05_09_5356-LR-001.jpg

And a couple of others from today as well.

Mottys-Hornet-A21-31_2008_05_09_5248-LR-001.jpg

Mottys-Hornet-A21-105_2008_05_09_5220-LR-001.jpg

Mottys-Hornet-A21-56_2008_05_09_5380-LR-001.jpg

Cheers,

Motty.

G'day All,

Time for some more Aussie jets. :thumbsup:

The wind, weather, flying program and my day off all came together today to finally enable me to capture what has been, for me, one of the more elusive Hornets to get in front of the lens. A21-47 with its special tail.

Cheers,

Motty.

beautiful Motty - I like the special tail one

Really nice, Motty! The Aussie Hornets sure are rare in this part of the world!

Jake

Rare?? We just sent some all the way to Alaska for you. What more do you want?? :redx:

Thanks Jake, glad you enjoyed them.

Cheers,

Motty.