You noticed that too....looks like it was borrowed from a Mudhen.

That is the composite speedbrake I think it works for any F-15. It is sad that this is the only place we can get away with art . We used to put stickers and everything there until QA started hitting us for it

Edited by kellyF15

You're right about the grid lock control surfaces, but the new speedbrakes and gear doors are actually monolithic (1 piece milled) aluminum. On USAF fleets the speed brakes are being replaced on an attrition basis as was stated earlier. I'm not sure about the monolithic gear doors on USAF jets though. I saw the the speed brakes being milled at Warner Robins a few months ago, and the brakes and doors being installed as standard on the F-15K and SG coming off the production line in St Louis a couple weeks later. Easier/cheaper to manufacture, and more durable.

Don R

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, I'm guessing the RSAF beagles havent made FOC yet, so they could've been Kadena or Eilson C models . . . or have I spent too much time reading my FAR/AIM?

Ves B)

I saw a couple of Eagles taking off from Paya Lebar Airbase in Singapore this morning. Due to the lighting, I couldn't really tell what version they were or which squadron they're from. Anyone has any clues?

Mark

USAF F-15Cs. There was a news report on US Eagles training here till i forgot when before their Falcons make a trip down.

• 2 weeks later...