Su-30MKA for Algeria

I can't believe I have beaten Zmey to it....... :woot.gif:

:P I was slacking yesterday - found fascinating "survivalist" style sch-fi and just couldnt pull myself away.

Guys on forum.airforce.ru said that there are no less than five of those Su-30MKAs at Zhukovskiy right now. Algerian pilots are being trained every day, all day long.

I'll try to find more photos - it seems I have a reputation I need to uphold :blink:

Thanks for sharing the photos, Ken.

Wonder what is the avionics layout.. The version looks like Indian MKI, the presence of Israeli avionics in Algerian aircraft, however, is extremely unlikely. Could be some stripped version of MKM without the Avitronics LWS warning sensor suite which is not visible on any picture?

• 1 month later...
Great pics! :cheers: We definitely need a new 72nd scale kit.

Ivan, did you get my PM from a couple of days ago?

Yup Moritz, I just read it....I just return from a trip (forgive me for not sent you the number of the certified mail), and I found a surprise : the post office here at Venezuela returned the package because some of the post stamps were removed (maybe they did not glued well to the envelope), so I need again to re-send it, but I will pay for a humid stamp (not the normal ones) and I will try to resend it within this week, also I will send you right now the scanned instructions...sorry for the delays and I apologize for that...but I was on a working trip and I just returned for the hollydays yesterday...

• 2 years later...
No desert scheme? :) ....disapointed!

The young algerian Su-30MKA fleet is based at Oum El Bouaghi AFB,which is in the North of Algeria,not far from the mediterranean sea.There are a lot of mountains there,as well as forests...so the desert scheme would be useless.