While waiting for some paint to dry on my Lancers, i started yet another multi build.

This time three Kfirs from Italeri. Except for some parts (air scoops for example),

the Italeri Kfir is much better than the Hasegawa one, not to mention that is has recessed details versus the raised ones on Hase.

I started with the cockpit, scratchbuilding the side consoles and modifying the instrument panels.

DSCF3558.JPG

DSCF3561.JPG

The wing of the C1 version is a simple mirage wing, with no leading edge "saw teeth"

DSCF3562.JPG

some of the wings had big sinkmarks that had to be taken care of with some revell putty.

Also, the saw teeth seem to be a bit larger, so i'll sand them down a little.

I had to erase the canard "roots" from the air intakes of the C1, for it's small aerodinamic surface had no wing profile.

The C2 and C7 will have the normal canards.

DSCF3563.JPG

All three will be israeli, in the three camo schemes:

kfirsita.jpg

As far as the weapons , i think the C1 will have only two Shafrir 2 missiles, the C2 some Zuni launchers on MERs and the C7, Pave Penny and LGBs.

I must say you are an extremely efficient builder, taking on two Lancers and 3 Kfirs at the same time :thumbsup:

Looking forward to this build, caus I've got an Italeri Kfir in the stash, airwaves seat and a borrowed Hasegawa F-104 exhaust.

:popcorn:

G'day edd,

I'm sure you could predict my enthusiasm for your latest build; mmmmmmm.......deltalicious. Looking good of course and a fine mini-collection of Kfirs is in the offing. Please keep us informed. Did I miss the conclusion of your Mirage 50EV and Kfir CE builds (very sorry if I did)?

Andrew.

Well, the CE is almost done, construction was halted as it is still waiting for it's decals, that have to cross the Atlantic.

The 50EV is also on the production line, the original Heller kit had raised panel lines so now i'm slowly rescribing the fuselage.

I initially wanted to improvise on the decals, but the stencils provided in the Italeri decal sheet were in english and i didn't have some of the squadron badges. The new Isradecal sheet came right in time, and it has correct stencils for exactly three planes and all the markings i need.

Thanks edd,

I was very pleased to see Isradecal's new Kfir sheet and hope that it bodes well for an updated international Kfir markings release. All the best for your Mirage rescribe, and look forward to seeing your progress once the bits arrive.

Andrew.

these still going? :)

you may want to remove the nose stakes from the C1s nose if your going for an 'early c1" with no canards

here are some pics u might like :woot.gif:

216999116719ac98095aoic6.jpg

2169991323ee98cceb21oei2.jpg

2169994593d529204f0fohq1.jpg

Edited by Raymond

I assembled the 6 air intakes:

DSCF3588.jpg

Italeri's Kfir has two long fairings at the wing to fuselage joint.

After studying a couple of pictures and the drawings from the Isradecal Book, it is obvious that the left wing has no such a fairing, while the right one has it, but it's a little shorter. So I started erasing the left ones from the kit and shortening the right one.This will take a while.

DSCF3586.JPG

Hasegawa kit didn't bother with these fairings.

wow, what a nice find...

remenber when several years ago I did my own early generation Kfir model (with out canards and original mirage wing) from the italeri C2/C7 kit.. just to realize after finnish that the f-21 lion (a true Kfir C1 kit) came with the original "mirage wing" from molds... he,he,he

regards.-

I added a zillion plastic bits on the undersides. Hopefully, after a lot of puttying and sanding they will become a zillion air intakes and vents.

C1

c1.JPG

C2

c2.JPG

C7

c7.JPG

As you can see, the fit of the wings , air intakes and front landing gear bay/cockpit was pretty bad.

I added a zillion plastic bits on the undersides. Hopefully, after a lot of puttying and sanding they will become a zillion air intakes and vents.

Could we have close-ups of those "zillion" air intakes and vents? I have a bunch of these that I'm planning to build :thumbsup:

The kit's cannons and the muzzles were removed, a bit of sprue was glued, drilled and cut three time to make it look like the vents of the muzzles.

In the nose area, an ecm reciever, a vent and the pilon for the Pave Penny laser designator.

All kfirs have a small air scoop on the right side of the cockpit.

Under the fuselage, two pairs of scoops and two of vents , also a small bumb only on the left wing to fuselage joint.

DSCF3612.JPG

To the rear fuselage, a pair of scoops and one of vents, a bubble fairing and three circula antennae , two reinforcing

DSCF3613.JPG

That's for the C7. The C1 and C2 lack the nose bump, vent and laser designator.

The kit's cannons and the muzzles were removed, a bit of sprue was glued, drilled and cut three time to make it look like the vents of the muzzles.

In the nose area, an ecm reciever, a vent and the pilon for the Pave Penny laser designator.

All kfirs have a small air scoop on the right side of the cockpit.

Under the fuselage, two pairs of scoops and two of vents , also a small bumb only on the left wing to fuselage joint.

DSCF3612.JPG

To the rear fuselage, a pair of scoops and one of vents, a bubble fairing and three circula antennae , two reinforcing

DSCF3613.JPG

That's for the C7. The C1 and C2 lack the nose bump, vent and laser designator.

this looks great.i just cant wait to see this finished :thumbsup:

Not much about them Ivan.

I have a rather large styrene sheet of 1mm thickness.

I simply cut long stripes, which i again cut down to rectangular bits that are glued to the plane.

I then adjust them to the shape i need with a no.11 knife and sandpaper. Last I drill the hole with a needle.

Edited by bad edd

I worked a little more on the C7, this time modifying the fuselage pylon and adding the four chaff/flares dispensers.

I also made the ecm recievers in the nose and fin using fixing pins for the bulbs.

DSCF3614.JPG

Edited by bad edd