Hours of work later, all the stencils are on...i decided upon the number 555 so the name of my Kfir is Saturn:

DSCF3718.jpg

DSCF3720.jpg

PS. I would had liked to use the 516 (Rahat - which in my language means something like poo :lol: ) but i would have had to paint he intakes white.

Looking carefully to a lot of pictures of Kfirs C7s, apparently the earlier ones, from 512 to 54x all had white intakes, the later ones from 547 onwards, all had the intakes in the camo colors.

Lovely paintjob and decalling, edd.

Your progress is excellent and it seems as though the decals are good performers; they're certainly printed beautifully. Hope all goes equally well for your other Kfirs.

Andrew.

• 2 weeks later...

These would be zee weapons:

DSCF3779.JPG

The Pave Penny laser designator was scratchbuilt out of a piece of sprue, with another transparent one as lens.

The bombs are from Hasegawa set, with scratched enlarged fins.

I cut off the tips in order to look a little dropped, as they appear on the real thing.

The Pythons are from Paragon. I again cutt off the tips and made the lens out of several layers of future.

Edited by bad edd

Thanks very much edd.

That's just the update I was after. It looks very nice indeed, and is only a few short steps away from being an awesome model of the Kfir. As dragan and alrite have said, the other two Kfirs are going to be magnificent, I'm sure.

Andrew.

:) :bandhead2::bandhead2: I've now spotted a fatal flaw in my kit...the italeri wing fillet starts about 5 mm too far back than it should.

The wingroot pylons for the LGB's are therefore in the wrong position, so with the bombs on, the main landing gear doors can't even open :))

DSCF3789.JPG

The perfect crime; no-one saw anything.....

Italeri's mistake aside (and clearly the sort of thing only detectable at a late stage such as this, by Murphy's Law), your C.7 is just magnificent. As has been mentioned previously, simply inspirational.

Andrew.

Now that the C7 is done, i turned my attention on the CE.

I decided not to wait for the Andean decal anymore and use my home made one.

Not a wise choice, since some of the decals seem slightly larger (despite careful checks before printing) and some also silvered even on smooth glossy surface :thumbsup:

Also, not having the white background, the small red stencils turned out a little dark on the grey surface.

DSCF3839.JPG

DSCF3833.JPG

DSCF3834.JPG

DSCF3835.JPG

DSCF3836.JPG

DSCF3837.JPG

DSCF3832.JPG

Here with the Cheetah:

DSCF3840.JPG