F4H-1 Phantom II (Phantom #6)

F4H-1 Phantom II (Phantom #6)

Cutting edge F4H-1 backdate/conversion kit Upper wing replaced intakes replaced nose and canopy replaced . Cockpit resin from F-4B donor, seat part scratchbuilt to resemble the original Stanely/McDonnell ejection seat. Built to represent aircraft configuration and appearance during 1st carrier trials (picture in instruction set is wrong aircraft still has NACA intakes on nose) Seamless intakes rivet detail added, bulges on bottom of wing sanded down. Kits panel lines were completely rescribed to get an even depth and all rivet/ fasteners drilled, tailplanes detailed. Photos indicate that the topside of the tailplane and rudder were painted Light gull grey NOT white as they would be painted later. Custom decals created on laser printer for hole pattern in splitter plate. Custom orange paint mix aircraft was lightly weathered.

DSC_5731.jpg

DSC_5730.jpg

DSC_5735.jpg

DSC_5737.jpg

Probably the best Phantom prototype I've ever seen done ! (... I've seen actual McDonnell models too ...)

Beautiful conversion Rich, another "Better than Museum" quality build ...

Gregg

Now that's just plain ol' beautiful.

I got that kit for this past Christmas and am looking forward to starting it in a couple of months. I still haven't made up my mind which one to do, but after seeing yours number six looks like a winner. It has all the cool stuff. (S curved intakes, NACA scoops, IR bulge under the nose.)

What kind of modification did you make to the seat? How was the overall fit? You just gotta give us all the juicy details.

I'm going to sit here all day and stare at these pictures.

Well done!

• 2 weeks later...

One of the best models I have seen right there. Wow. I have that set and am fearful of actually trying to build it. You may have convinced me to leave it in the box! Such a cool model of such a cool plane. Thanks for showing it to us!

Rick L.