Shizouka news and rumors....

I've heard the same thing about Trumpeter, and that the fact that they've worked that far ahead is part of the problem that we're struggling with now in terms of seeing the resin mock-ups too far in advance of the actual completion date - thus the 1/32 A-6, 1/32 Su-22, and 1/48 Su-24. I'm hopeful that they'll all come, but at this point I'm not holding my breath. As for the armor, I think the reason why you think the armor leaks easier is because there's actually more of it, they release a LOT more armor than anything else - largely because of multiple scales, and the release of multiple variants. In looking at their most recent flier, there was far more armor on the release list than there was anything else. Armor seems to be very "IN" right now - so the companies are just following the trend.

I maintain my doubts about the early Eduard MiG-21s, I've e-mailed directly with Vlad on the topic, and so far it sounds like they're sticking to the PF and later variants ONLY - obviously that's subject to change.

<...> a few new armor subjects leaked out a couple of weeks ago on Track-Link (Modern Italian armored car, <...>)

B1 Centauro! :yahoo::worship: :lol: :lol:

Can it get any cooler than an eight-wheeled tank destroyer armed with a 105mm gun!? :woo:

B1 Centauro! :yahoo: :) :nanner: :)

Can it get any cooler than an eight-wheeled tank destroyer armed with a 105mm gun!? :woo:

Trumpeter's doing one now? Cool! I have the Model Victoria resin kit and it will be interesting to see how a plastic kit stacks up. Wonder if they'll do the short or long version, or both? My MV kit is the long version.

I like Trumpeter's C1 Ariete tank, especially the latest uparmored release.

The only thing cooler would be a Czech DANA.

Edited by Dave Williams
Trumpeter's doing one now? Cool! I have the Model Victoria resin kit and it will be interesting to see how a plastic kit stacks up. Wonder if they'll do the short or long version, or both? My MV kit is the long version.

I like Trumpeter's C1 Ariete tank, especially the latest uparmored release.

LINKY! Don't know which scale. Hopefully both 1/35 and 1/72, although I'd be happy with either. I saw adverts for the Model Victoria kits. But the price and the fact that I never built a full resin kit before were repellent enough.

The up-armoured Ariete is another really interesting kit. As someone on track-link said, with releases like these we can forgive Trumpeter the recent German "paper panzers" prototypes and studies. :) "Paper panzers" - gotta remember that one!

The only thing cooler would be a Czech DANA.

Hmm, you might be on to something there. South African Rooikat and G6 wouldn't be too bad either. :)

Guys, stop giving them ideas - they should be focused on all the stuff that they've already promised :)

:)

:nanner:

:yahoo:

I'm getting tired whipping this horse fellas... :woo:

LINKY! Don't know which scale. Hopefully both 1/35 and 1/72, although I'd be happy with either. I saw adverts for the Model Victoria kits. But the price and the fact that I never built a full resin kit before were repellent enough.

Thanks for the link. The CAD image seems to show the short hull version, but I wouldn't be surprised if they come out with both. The size of the wheel hubs looks better than on the MV kit, which I think has undersized hubs.

Guys, stop giving them ideas - they should be focused on all the stuff that they've already promised :D

I get the feeling that aircraft, armor, and ships are different sides of the house. Whether they pop out a Centauro or DANA, or not, I think the aircraft releases (or lack thereof) will still come on pretty much the same schedule.

Someone needs to do a state of the art 72nd T-33. Hell with the quarter inch TA-4 and to a lesser (much lesser) degree braille armor. I want a modern kit T-bird.

Spelling edited.

Edited by johnsan
  • 1 year later...

Pics form Shizuoka: Link

No aircraft news yet from Tamiya.

A Ju-88 form Hasegawa.

Pics from the Hasegawa Macross 1/48 YF-19.

Airwolf, blue thunder and Knight Rider car by Aoshima.

Military and Gundams, Gundams, gundams and Gundams.

A great comprehensive walkaround of the show: walk-around

Macross or Star trek fans, please don"t open, this link is harmful for the credit card.

I really like this (big fellow) one:

0376.jpg

No exclusive news from Tamigawa.

thanks to the author and photographier.

I'd like to see a new HH-3 Jolly Green. I prefer 1/72 but 1/48 would be ok too. Trying to find the old Revell kit is a pain in the butt. If I do, the seller wants an arm and a leg for it.

Boy, talk about bringing a thread back from the dead. I was reading the first bunch of posts, going "but..we already know about the Academy F-22. I have one on my desk. It's pretty nice. And didn't Tamiya release a 1/48 Thunderbird Falcon already?"

Wow a Frankenstein thread award....

I read my own first thread and I could not remember writing it - until I saw it was May of '08!

Lets hope some news leaks out, I guess the two JF-17 kits does count as news though - look for the Bronco thread from the last couple of days (May 12 or 13th 2009)

Matt

I am almost passed out when i saw the Global Hawk. then i was able to make out it was 1/72, My wallet was back in the pocket.

I sure hope someone does it in 1/48.

joe.

It'll be too damn big in 1/48. It already looks to be of a decent size. Shoot, the 1/72 Predator has an 8 inch wingspan, equal to that of a 1/48 Tamiya Viper.

Saw some motorcycles there too.

Matt

Sorry bro, it ain't there - just what we already on the list...

So far...

that doesnt mean that Tamiya would announce it in the days that come....

We have 3 more days...mmmhhh,let's hope

Though I am already happy to see the Hawk Mk.66 Swiss air force and the limited edition pack of the Mosquito!

Outside of what appears to be a new Hasegawa 1/32 Ki-43, there appears to be a whole lot of nothing new...

Typo? There's a photo of their soon to be released Ki-44. Also a 32nd P-40N.