Great Models, not really a bad trader alert but...

ARRGGHHH, are these people idiots or plane lazy??? I placed an order with them recently and it was supposed to be shipped to my p.o. box, so what do they do, use FedEx...

News Flash you morons, FedEx will not deliver to a p.o. box.

Never mind having gone through this twice before with these people. Serves me right I suppose, but they had a couple of kits I've been after for awhile. I just figured they'd have straightened their $hit out since the previous times, guess not... :coolio:

Edited by Big Kohona

So, after contacting them (since my emails and voice mails went unanswered) and a brief "discussion" as to the shipping method (the broad on the other end actually had the nerve to argue with me about the shipping method that I chose - she was trying to say I chose FedEx... never mind that I was staring at the email order confirmation and it clearly said USPS!!!)

Then she blamed their computer system (no apologies given) and said she would contact FedEx and have it returned then reship the order via the USPS.

Well, yesterday I get a call from the FedEx driver as he was wondering where he could deliver the package (kudos to him since he at least called me to look for an alternative and save me some extra waiting time and hassles) - I rather doubt that Great West even bothered to call Fed Ex...

So, $5 later and he was able to leave my package with a fella in Pembina who offers a package pick up service.

I then place a call to Great Models, relayed the events and asked if they would be refunding the excess postage for this little headache since I had been charged for USPS delivery but ended up with FedEx which is less - got another argument and was told to email them once I picked up the package and they would then correct it. :thumbsup:

What the hell does that have to do with them over charging me??? They can choke on the difference, but it'll cost them any future business.

Way to go Great Models :huh: you can take your company and shove it.

Damn, that's crappy service. I've been fortunate so far with vendors, but I can see how your experience with them would definitely turn you off. As an aside, I can't recommend Sprue Brothers enough - they are terrific, and fast.

Great Models is horrible. I have had a few experiences with them and would rather pay 30 dollars over cost at a LHS for something than save 10 by going through them. They suck

Edited by paul.nortness

I must be the only person who has ordered from them and not had any problems.

I've used them three times, and each time got everything in a timely manner.

Guess I'm lucky. :woot.gif:

Guess I'm lucky. :(

Nope, you're not the only only one.

Guess I'm lucky. :wave:

I am with you. I have never had a problem with them and I have ordered from them at least 30 times over the last couple of years. However, I only order items that are in stock or regularly stocked. That way, I get my order in a timely manner. If the item has been out of stock for a while, then I usually go to Squadron.

GM is my most-frequently used mail order place. I order from them maybe 6 times a year, and have never once had a problem. All you have to do is to be sure to order "in stock" items and they'll ship very fast. My packages usually arrive 5-6 days after I order.

:salute:

Mike

maybe they just had an "off" day, but you did say this isn't the first time, didn't you?

that's right, I had ordered from them a few times previously, the last time being over a year ago and they must have had an "off" day then as well - or perhaps their off day just carried straight through. It was so "off" was that it was a year later (this time round) before I considered giving them another chance and they blew it big time.

Bad enough that they tried to argue with me as to the shipping method that I chose (USPS) and they shipped it FedEx, but to not even issue me a credit for the shipping difference (there is a parcel service in Pembina and they received it on my behalf after I called them).

So kudos to both the parcel service in Pembina and more so to the FedEx driver who had the smarts and decency to call me and help me out, but after this, Great Models can kiss any remote possibility of my business good bye - PERIOD!

I'm out the difference in shipping, a fee for the parcel to be held in Pembina and most of all it was GM's overall attitude

and handling of this whole situation. I can not and will not recommend them and quite frankly would not spill one tear should they close their doors tomorrow.

I've had better results from Overseas mail order businesses, hell, even evilBay has proven to be a better headache to deal with!

Nice to know some people are treated properly, too bad GM doesn't do it ALL the time with ALL their customers.

Solved my problem today with a quick call to the credit card company. Good by and good ridance to GM. :blink:

My experience with GM so far has been very good. I got everything in a timely matter, in new condition, for good prices. I even ordered some decals which were in the "hard to get/Not in Stock" list and they ALL showed up within 2 weeks. Then again I usually am not in a hurry in most cases and if I am I do remember that I can not blame them for that.

Now the HS Evolution I ordered from a different company, that is a completely different and not so nice story about being in stock and then telling me that they have to get it from the distributor first! But as I said...that was not GM...

• 2 months later...

I've had problems with them as well. I ordered models back in February and payed by paypal. Waited and waited and it never showed. I put a new order in, in late March, didn't get it untill July! Never heard about my first order but now I have a credit. Ordered from them in July, proccesed on 31 and STILL haven't seen anything! Is this normal?

Zero problems in 8 years of using them. Used PayPal for the first time last week, there was an issue (not with GM, but with PP), they sent me an e-mail, I called them, spoke with Lisa, she was friendly, helped fix the problem, and I got my order no problem.

Especially since I've lived in multiple places with no hobby store, I love GM.

They are far and away my top choice for online hobby ordering.

Zero problems in 8 years of using them. Used PayPal for the first time last week, there was an issue (not with GM, but with PP), they sent me an e-mail, I called them, spoke with Lisa, she was friendly, helped fix the problem, and I got my order no problem.

Especially since I've lived in multiple places with no hobby store, I love GM.

They are far and away my top choice for online hobby ordering.

Talk to her today about a PP issue....seems they are not automated. Ah..ok... regardless its fixed and the order is on its way.

I used to use them for a few years, and never had any real problem. I used to read about other people having prolems with them, but I never had one myself. And I was ordering a lot, since I did not have a hobby shop nearby. Once my order was missing something they charged me for, another time they sent me a wrong thing - but on both occasions phone call straightened things out.

Few years ago I discovered Sprue Brothers and Lucky Model, and I pretty much stopped using GMW, save for an occasional order. And these last few orders I've always had some small glitches with. Once I paid with a CC, only to get an e-mail saying that I need to call because there is a problem with payment. I called, and the lady said I selected PayPal (which I didn't). Another time I did select PayPal, I paid, and few days later got another e-mail telling me that I need to pay before they can ship. I had to call again, and the lady agreed that I did indeed pay, but "their system did not recognize it". Since my other sources of plastic and resin are generally fast and hassle-free, I don't have much of an incentive to go back to GMW.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it :thumbsup:.

I will never use Great Models again

i sent them a large order about 2 years ago with a check inclosed. when i called them about not getting order they said they never recieved order. funnny thing while i was talking to them i was looking at my canceled check in my hand.

it's been 2 years now and still haven't received my order, even though i sent them a photocopy of check and order.

i wouldn't order from them if they paid me to take their junk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...