Update time!! :woot.gif:

Been a busy week and I haven´t got as much done as I´d liked, but oh well such is life!

Well this is another small update....on the cockpit! I´ve been doing some detail painting, stilla few things left to paint but you´ll get the overall look at least.

There´s going to be washing and drybrushing to do as well... so this is not the final look..more of a pointer to what it´ll look like :)

First off the pit!

I painted some panels black and then drybrushed them with a dark gray to see the details I was supposed to paint, just the way I did on the HUnter!

But this pit is a bit more colorful than the Hunters black pit...

There was one little snag tho...I have no idea what so ever what the darn thing looks like! So the buttons and knobs are just best guesses and some creative thinking on my part, don´t get mad at me for getting the colors wrong now will you?

DSC00875.jpg

The RIO station...

DSC00877.jpg

The pilot´s office....

DSC00878.jpg

And a shot with the RIOs toys dryfitted...

DSC00879.jpg

that was fun wasn´t it? :D

Other than the pit I have started with the ejection seats as well....still some detailing left and the belts aren´t attached yet...nor the overhead pull thingy (what´s it called anyways?)

The seats are very colorful! the headrest is some dirty white-yellowish color...I got it by mixing hum 34 with Hum 71, and got decent likeness out of it.

And the back part is painted with Hum 117 and Hum 150 to distinguish between the two cushions or what they´re called...

The yello is Hum 99, and I still have some black lines to make...wonder if I can do them with a pen? And the cabeling is done with Hum 123.

DSC00889.jpg

frontal..

DSC00892-1.jpg

The pair of them...

DSC00893-1.jpg

Ive painted some stuff on the PE sheet but I have to wait a while for the paint to dry before I can start having fun with instrumentpanels, belts and stuff!

And of course there´s the usual washing and drybrushing to do as well!

Since I have 3 days off over the weekend you can prepare for some more updates during the weekend....hopefully I´ll get done with the cockpit this weekend! then I have the finish to make on the wheel wells and then the cans at the back are left to do.....hopefully I´ll get my bracing set during next week so I can start som assembly ....

Thanx for looking and you´re welcome to comment!

Cheers :cheers:

Edited by Aigore

Now that's a really nice update Aigore!!!!I really enjoyed readin it and that pit looks really gorgeous!!!!!

I cant wait to see the instrument panel and the whole lot finished and well drybrushed,really cant wait...so far a darn great hell of a job!!!

Cheers dude

:woot.gif:

Thanx jack!

All the parts are now gloss coated and I´m just waiting for them to cure so I can start with all the fun! :yahoo:

Demn it´s hard keeping my fingers off the stuff right now, looks so inviting!

:salute:

Aaaah! :thumbsup:

Done washing and dry brushing the cocpit and the wheel wells!

I´ve even started some assembly in the cockpit are, unfortunately there are some parts that I can´t attach until the fuselage is done. The fuselage will have to wait until I´ve got my Nautilus bracing set, and until I get started on the intake trunks!

This will probably be a two parter since I´ve taken so many pics as usual :o

Let´s start with the tub shall we!

Here it is, washed and drybrushed! I washed with with a mix of black and raw umber artist oils and then drybrushed with a very light gray.

DSC00894.jpg

A view from the back...

DSC00895.jpg

Here i´ve assembled the RIO´s toys, there´s a lot of PE on that instrument panel but it looks alright. I did a wash on the instrument panels as well so they´d go with the rest of the tub.

DSC00909.jpg

A side view..

DSC00910.jpg

Oh and the center panels are in as well but those blast shields for the ejectionseats are just dryfitted.

DSC00911.jpg

The front instrument panel....it´ll have to wait for the fuselage assembly before it goes in, hope I won´t lose it ´til then :)

DSC00913.jpg

And here´s a side panel..

DSC00899.jpg

The seats and wheel wells will be shown in the next part....stay tuned

Edited by Aigore

Welcome back for the rest of the update....

The seats....

They got the same wash as the rest of the cockpit, as did the belts. Here they are all assembled.

Front...

DSC00904.jpg

Above...

DSC00906.jpg

right side...

DSC00915.jpg

Left side..

DSC00916.jpg

Well that´s that about the cockpit!!

Here are one of the wheel wells...they all got the same treatment so I´ll just show this one:P

I used two separate washes....first raw umber to get that dirty feeling and then a black wash to add some distinction.

DSC00903.jpg

and the inside...

DSC00919.jpg

Well that´s it for now!

I hope I get my Nautilus bracing set soon, should come next week. Until then all I can do is try to dryfit the cockpit and perhaps start on the exhausts...and the Aires exhausts are delicious!!

And the intake trunks ...well i´m starting to wonder if they´re really worth the hazzle, we´ll see about that when I can have a look at the bracing set.

well so long, and thanks for looking!! :thumbsup:

Cheers! :o

Edited by Aigore

That is outstanding dude!!!

the white and wash really brought out all the fantastic details in the wheel bays!!!I love them as your plumbing work...really great!!!

the cockpit well...that's awesome too!the seats are really nice,i might stop attaching the belts prior to painting!I continue to see great works with the installment after all the seat has been painted!!!

it really rocks dude!!!nowww...if only the set wuld arrive we could see some great work from you in really short time LOL!!!!!!

Cheers and fantastic work again!

Hehe, thanx Jack! :salute:

Unfortunately beside the fact that the set hasn´t arrived yet I´ll have a rough week at work :crying2: ...so we´ll see how much gets done this coming week. Who knows tho.......Might get something done at least :P

Cheers pal :cheers:

I know you and know you'll get done smth for sure LOL!!!!

beside i should shut up cause i'm not workin anymore and no progress are available...mmhhh sigh sigh!!!!!!

i wish I could do some modelling but so far and until some 2 or 3 weeks my WIP's will be (if there'll be) veeeery little...uffff!!!

so i understand you pretty well!!!!

Cheers dude and great work again!

Thanx Terry :D

Go for it,I think it´d be well worth it! :blink: and well I know that it´s a demanding kit that can turn around and bite ya if you´re not careful, but if one sets his mind to it the result might be surprising :o

Whohooo I´ve got mail!! :banana:

I have to say that I really didn´t expect the bracing set to arrive today.....I´m oficially impressed by the speed I´ve got my order from Sprue brothers! (if any of you hang around here on this forum I have to say that you have my deepest gratitude) :worship: . I ordered the stuff last tuesday and they got here, from Montana it seems, to my letterbox in Sweden i 6 days! and there´s been a weekend in between as well!!

Well that means my build won´t suffer any delays caused by waiting for parts to arrive!!

What I ordered was this Nautilus bracing set for my Viggie....it looks like this

DSC00922.jpg

All wooden and it will probably make my life very ,much easier! :thumbsup:

Oops, there´s a sneak preview of the burners for the Viggie...don´t mind them :P there might be an update due in the middle of this week........

:cheers:

I ordered the stuff last tuesday and they got here, from Montana it seems, to my letterbox in Sweden i 6 days! and there´s been a weekend in between as well!!

That reminds me I have an envelope with some microbrushes for you... Now I just have to remember mailing it..! Sorry! :thumbsup:

Jorgen "Troll" Toll

:worship:

Aha that´s what happened....I was starting to wonder where the swedish postal service had sent them!! Was bulding up courage to ask you to send more LOL :rofl:

I´ll have good need for them as well since I had the audacity to spill some cyano on the pilot´s canopy:P

so I need something to rub it off with, it´s a tight spot since I´ve glued some PE inplace as well....so I don´t want to flood it in cyano removal.

No worries, well as long as they get here before "Modell Göteborg" in september :lol:

Thanx again Jörgen!! ( but I won´t feed ya)

:soapbox:

Edited by Aigore

Mhhh I think this build wont be delayed any further LOL!!!!!!

you got it very fast dude!!!I'm happy for you and course will check on sprue brothers as well...peps kinda forget about this little state here in the middle of europe LOL!!!and furthermore,beeing not part of the UE sucks for the "custom thingy" which delays the shipping by 2-3 days...

will try order from them!!!!

Cheers

I'm happy for you and course will check on sprue brothers as well...peps kinda forget about this little state here in the middle of europe LOL!!!

Cheers

:thumbsup:

Heh, not to mention that somehow ppl from the other side of the pond have troubble to keep Sweden and Switzerlans apart for some reason :P

So you live in Lugano right? Are there going to be any games there during the European championship? Team Sweden left for Lugano today I think.....

... if you´re into soccer that is :D

Cheers! :woot.gif:

Thank you Raptor! :worship:

LOL wonder tho how you saw the details on the displays.....I had to check out the pics myself and no ammount of squinting made them any clearer :)

I really gotta get me a better camera one of theese days.......They look good in real life tho :)

Cheers!

:worship:

It´s been a busy week and I haven´t got as much done on the Viggie as I wanted, but thanx to Jack-Swiss I´ve at least got a little short cut concerning the intake trunks at least!

He found me a set of Cutting Edge intake trunks on an Italian Model site called misterkit....sorry seems like I got the last one :P

Anyway that´ll save time since I now don´t have to scratch the intake trunks......just wait for them to arrive!

Well I´ve got sometyhing done at least....I´ve finished the Aires exhausts! :cheers:

This is what I got in the Aires set! The cans, the fans, the flameholders and the petals! So far so good, they look very nice indeed.

First off I primed them with Hum 127, light ghost grey

DSC00920.jpg

Then I shot Alclad Exhaust....

DSC00921.jpg

After that I put on a thick black wash with artist oils...

DSC00923.jpg

After I´ve wiped that off I put on a wash of Burnt Sienna....then dry brushed with light gray and painted some petals with tamyia clear blue.

(doesn´t show that well on the pics tho B)

DSC00925.jpg

Then I assembled the cans..fan and flameholder put in...

DSC00928.jpg

And the petals...

DSC00929.jpg

DSC00930.jpg

Here´s the pair of them together..

DSC00931.jpg

Well that´s that! Now I only have to prepare for fitting the cockpit, assemble the bracing set....put it in....wait for the intakes....do them and then I can start putting Humpty Dumpty together again!

So thanks for looking and any comment is welcome as usual!

Cheers!

:(

Edited by Aigore