Well I couldn't get my warp to come out of the Mongram so she went back in the stash and I picked up a Hasegawa F-4J Thanks Dave to substitute, This will be my first high dollar kit I have attempted, and First time using PE, I will be using Eduard Photo Etch insted of the Legend cockpit in th Mono, Legend Seats,Gun Pod,Naplam and Wheels,and the AMS Intake Covers, so here are the new progress Pics

100_2650.jpg

100_2639.jpg

100_2620.jpg

100_2642.jpg

100_2643.jpg

Progress

100_2645.jpg

100_2648.jpg

Edited by ThunderGrunt

OK here is some work for today, the Pylons, Gun Pod and tanks. Nozzles

Pre Weathering. I sprayed Burt Iron Inside and Jet Exaust outside using MM Metalizer

100_2691.jpg

100_2692.jpg

Weatherd, With Gunmetal and soot on the insides, and Burt Red and Silver on the can Using Tamiya Weather master kits.

100_2694.jpg

100_2695.jpg

Pre Weathering Tanks, Pylons, and Gun Pod

100_2689.jpg

100_2693.jpg

Post Weathering with Pro Modeller Black wash

100_2703.jpg

100_2702.jpg

JOhn I got them from my Friend Phil who owns a Local Shop real good prices, they are tamiya i think they are right ext to the Octopus thing in the tool section. And I could not get the Warp out so that will be a later project.

http://www.phillipshobbies.com/

Edited by ThunderGrunt
Where did you get those work stands? Them are spiffy.

John

John,

If I'm not mistaken they are Tamiya workstands. I have two of them and they are some of the most important tools in my box. Extremely handy for both building and painting. I bought mine for about $30 US I think.

Joe Osborne

OK an Update, Here are the true Details Seats, I thought they would have been of better quality, but anyway here are the seats, I have to figure out now how to make Ejection Handels. Here are the pics. Next Update will be the Landing Gear.

100_2710.jpg

100_2713.jpg

100_2715.jpg

100_2716.jpg

Painted Seats.

100_2718.jpg

100_2719.jpg

Painted and Drybrushed.

100_2720.jpg

100_2721.jpg

Pre Wash and Finished. Pro Modeller Dark Gray

100_2722.jpg

100_2725.jpg

Edited by ThunderGrunt

Not trying to kill any joy here, because this is a trully awesome build, but the gunpod you are using is a SUU-23 with short end, while the one in your photos is a Mk 4 like the one you find in Hasegawa's weapons set.

If you really want to go for the real thing, you should check this out.

Man, I am ancious to se this bird completed :huh:

Neils

Thanks for the Help. the hasegaw one I had was warped beyond fixing and the pointy end tail cone from this Pod was not very good so i just decied to stik with this end piece because I saw 2 other phantom photos with this style, instead of the Hughes Mk4. I appreciate the Knwoledge and help because I am Phantom Dumb.

Euge