F-15C Build (4/3/11 Update) Finished

Nice updates there. Impressive aftermarket parts. Keep at it.

Thanks! The bay 5 floor and the throttle are the only two resin aftermarket pieces I've used so far. I'm planning to use the Aires exhausts and a little phot-etched as well.

-Cliff

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for all the positive feedback. Posting this build here has certainly kept me on-track with the build which is what I hoped for in the begining.

Your work on the Bay 5 area is simply amazeing! The detail especially all the relay panels on the right and back side of the walls, looks like the real thing I use to remove and install. Simply WOW!

Thanks, that's a big compliment coming from someone who is used to haveing their hands on the real thing!

Wow!!! that's amazing work, especially considering it's mostly scratch-built. Very impressive. Are you gonna try to add the NVIS wiring?

Jake

Jake

Good question! After consulting with the Modern Eagle Guide to make sure that I know what NVIS is, I'm not sure if I'll include it or not... I was thinking about adding the wiring but haven't come up with a solution that looks convincing to me. From the detail photos, it looks like the wiring is limited to the right side wall and a small amount on the IP? Is this something that is now common on all C models?

-Cliff

Reference help needed...

I'm working on the deck area that is attached to the canopy and covers Bay 5 when the canopy is closed. I have lots of photos looking up at the cover but not much looking at it from the top. The Hasegawa part looks off to me and I needed some additional information to confirm the details. I've done the google search and have many F-15 reference books but can't seem to find a good shot of this area. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

From the detail photos, it looks like the wiring is limited to the right side wall and a small amount on the IP? Is this something that is now common on all C models?

Correct. I like how you made the active-duty HUD camera. Now that is paying attention to the small details!!

Jake

Wow! Fantastic job on that electronics bay, is there really going to be alot that can be seen when canopy is open?? Either way, keep up the good work and keep us posted!

• 2 weeks later...

Slow going but still making progress. The cockpit is about 80% painted and I've been working on a few of the external modifications.

-Cliff

F-15CBuild13363-1.jpg

F-15CBuild13364.jpg

The reinforcement panels on the tails are made from .005 styrene and the rivet detail is embossed before their cut out.

F-15CBuild13365.jpg

F-15CBuild13366.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...