F-22 deployment to Kadena

Two dozen F-22s are being deployed to Kadena as a short-term demo of US airpower.

What are the chances of Tamiya getting in on the act and doing a really stonking F-22 in 1/32 scale?

Anything touching the tarmac on any Japanese soil seems to move further up the probability scale, or is that just wishful thinking?

It's been too long since their F-15, F-16 goodies in the big scale.

Tony T

I read this thread and all I could think of was.......how many Academy Raptors could Waco carry in a real Raptor? Lets assume the weapons bays were empty and loaded with travel pods?
Uh, if he skips carrying clean skivvies, socks and uses just one flight suit, my guess is, uh, 84.

Hmmm...well, we have no travel pod, the tiny metal suitcases we carry in the side weapons bays are far too skinny for a 1/48 kit, and there is definitely no room to carry them in the cockpit.

Guess you guys will have to stick to the standard importers, until we find a better way to come up with Raptor FedEx.

Although wouldn't that make a great "What if?" An F-22 in white and purple FedEx livery. Somebody with mad photoshop skills can jump in any time now.

Hmmm...well, we have no travel pod, the tiny metal suitcases we carry in the side weapons bays are far too skinny for a 1/48 kit, and there is definitely no room to carry them in the cockpit.

So much space, so little imagination. One individual I know that flew the F-106 used to put a motorcycle in the weapons bay on X-C's.

Regards,

Murph

One individual I know that flew the F-106 used to put a motorcycle in the weapons bay on X-C's.
:huh:

And to think I used to think we were bad for bringing grills and coolers to the field on the tanks during exercises.......

I don't know. An unpressurized weapons bay and freezing temperatures would wreak havoc on the kit decal sheets for the cruise back from Kadena, unless they were all kept in a folder inside the cockpit. :huh:

I could just picture the plane touchiing down back in the states and the weapons bay gets opened by accident, resulting in a bunch of Academy kit boxes sitting on the Tarmac. :D

Great moments in cross country history. The F-111 that sprayed its clothes all over the Nellis ranges when the WSO forgot they were carrying their baggage in the weapons bay during a Red Flag fam ride. The F-15A "shrimp boat" that had Bay 5 ruined when the shrimp thawed inflight. The thrill of the "wrinkled look" after pulling all your wordly possesions for an X-C out of a T-38 seat kit. The hardiness of Maine lobsters, which withstood 24 hours packed in their containers, jammed into an ALE-2 chaff pod (perfect fit BTW), 5 hours at FL 350, and several hours baking in the sun, in the summer, while the jets were refuelled at Seymour-Johnson.

Regards,

Murph

Anything touching the tarmac on any Japanese soil seems to move further up the probability scale, or is that just wishful thinking?

In this case, I think it is wishful thinking. I'm looking forward to the day Tamiya or Hasegawa will do a Raptor kit but I'm not holding my breath. I'm happy with the Academy Raptor and if Revell will upscale their excellent 1/72 Raptor to 1/48, I'll be very happy with that too.

In this case, I think it is wishful thinking. I'm looking forward to the day Tamiya or Hasegawa will do a Raptor kit but I'm not holding my breath. I'm happy with the Academy Raptor and if Revell will upscale their excellent 1/72 Raptor to 1/48, I'll be very happy with that too.

I'm pretty sure the Academy kit is more accurate overall than the 1/72 Revell kit. If I were any of y'all, I wouldn't hold my breath for another magnum opus F-22 beyond the Academy kit.

J

Edited by Jennings
Great moments in cross country history. The F-111 that sprayed its clothes all over the Nellis ranges when the WSO forgot they were carrying their baggage in the weapons bay during a Red Flag fam ride. The F-15A "shrimp boat" that had Bay 5 ruined when the shrimp thawed inflight. The thrill of the "wrinkled look" after pulling all your wordly possesions for an X-C out of a T-38 seat kit. The hardiness of Maine lobsters, which withstood 24 hours packed in their containers, jammed into an ALE-2 chaff pod (perfect fit BTW), 5 hours at FL 350, and several hours baking in the sun, in the summer, while the jets were refuelled at Seymour-Johnson.

Regards,

Murph

:worship:

Guess you guys will have to stick to the standard importers, until we find a better way to come up with Raptor FedEx.

Although wouldn't that make a great "What if?" An F-22 in white and purple FedEx livery. Somebody with mad photoshop skills can jump in any time now.

It will be the next american way of "very very very cheap" shipping.... :worship:

Regards,

C6