'X-wing' schemed Su-27 done

i started assembling and puttying the horrible dragon 1/144 su-27 the weekend.

DSCN1688.jpg

kit will be in red, white grey scheme and very heavily weathered

It is the year 20 ITYOTE (In The Year Of The Emperor), a long time ago in a galaxy far away.

Rebel Forces fighting against the evil emperor have stumbled across a jumbled radio transmission broadcasted from high power primitive communications systems from our old Soviet Union on our Earth. Amongst these messages were decoded the secret plans for the Death Plane - designed specifically to counter and kill Eagles and Cats of their enemy. Using these plans, the Rebel Alliance hoped to gain an edge in fighting their arch enemy the Empire and their hordes of single-man units.

Sounds familiar? sorry Chris aka illthid00 aka the mod of this GB, the x-wing scheme on your signature was too good to pass->pointless to resist. i shall do justice to the red leader scheme(i hope) or i could be frozen in carbonite..

Edited by Tomcat RIO

and here is the other.

At the same time as the Rebels decoded the message, the Empire, using more sophisticated equipment on the other side of the galaxy, recieved long travelling secure and more detailed data from the 'America' . it took them a while to decode the more advanced messages, and they revealed blueprints for a atmospheric fighter jet with "not a pound for air to ground". Of course, bombs and rocket and missile lugging were uneeded in space combat as most of the standard equipment of the day was laser or ion based. Pushed into mass production hastily, they would soon be pitted against the Rebel Alliance's latest fighter..

kit is the hasegawa basic kit f-15 which i bought for nearly free. 50 cents. the scale is almost the same as the dragon su-27, about 1:150 or 1:200.

Photo0136.jpg

Photo0137.jpg

and more updates on the su-27, i used liquid tamiya puttyto fill the gaps and seam lines, which took me about 30 mintues. with sanding too.

Photo0139.jpg

Photo0138.jpg

Photo0140.jpg

here are both of them. Cold War enemies on Earth, and interplanetary nemesis in a galaxy far far away..

Photo0141.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

i couldnt post updates during the forum crash, but here it is!

after spraying silver on the exhaust areas, i masked off and sprayed white

s27p35.jpg

s27p38.jpg

followed by masking and doing the red areas

s27p310.jpg

i handpainted the rebel alliance insignia, its not very sharp, but the best i could do with shaky hands..

s27p34.jpg

s27p33.jpg

next was weathering and chipping. and painted the r2d2 unit as well

s27p32.jpg

s27p37.jpg

s27p39.jpg

and the nose grey was painted

s27p311.jpg

s27p36.jpg

starting to look like zactoman's pic and ithild00's signature!

s27p3.jpg

and more on the f-15 now.

i sprayed black on the solar panels, then masked them off and sprayed the grey strips and airplane fuselage in gunze h-308.

tif22.jpg

did some chipping and also the underside

tif2.jpg

tif3.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...