Hasegawa 1/48 F-16I pics

Just latest update. The KINETIC F-16I and F-16D BLK 52+ will have a new retooled fuselage to correct the nose profile issue. I will update when the actual parts arrive this week.

Wow - Thanks for that update Raymond. Did you get my email?

Do guys know if the sufa is based on block 52 or block 52+ airframe? Does it have the Block 40/42 wheels, or the block 50/52 wheels, and the normal or wide nose wheel?

Cheers,

-Doug :beer4:

Do guys know if the sufa is based on block 52 or block 52+ airframe? Does it have the Block 40/42 wheels, or the block 50/52 wheels, and the normal or wide nose wheel?

Cheers,

-Doug :(

IIRC, the Sufa uses the regular Block 50/52 wheels. As for the nose gear, here's a photo that might help.

f16d24.jpg

Taken by Tomcat RIO.

Mark

All,

I have just recently added this kit to my upcoming pre-order. If you are interested in having one or more of these kits and are interested in saving money on them, please contact me by PM or email. Thanks!

Best Regards,

Ken Bailey

(SonyKen)

IIRC, the Sufa uses the regular Block 50/52 wheels. As for the nose gear, here's a photo that might help.

f16d24.jpg

Taken by Tomcat RIO.

Mark

Already we need to close that opening above air intake, did Kinetic do it right?

09857-3.jpg

Already we need to close that opening above air intake, did Kinetic do it right?

09857-3.jpg

I just check the latest "upgrade" nose. Since Kinetic F-16I is using a new mould parts for the intake, instead of using the existing NSI intake (like Hasegawa). The line is closed.

Just latest update. The KINETIC F-16I and F-16D BLK 52+ will have a new retooled fuselage to correct the nose profile issue. I will update when the actual parts arrive this week.

That was all I needed to make a decision...I´ll take the Kinetic one...after all the Hasegawa one is an old mould (+20 years old), and the Kinetic one has a lot of detail.....IMHO...

:thumbsup:

Thanks Raymond for information's! :thumbsup::worship: Thanks for listening your customers!!

I am burning the mid-night oil to make a F-16I. Besides the nose profile, some other parts are also fixed (like the vertical fin). It is more easy to do it now. Although the ejection pin "tower" still exists in the inner intake, but many ejection pin has been relocated to avoid putting on some surface area.

I just understand why they design the F-16I with another in-take part (not the standard NSI), some minor/details position has a small difference. Even the F-16I spine's attena with different configuration.

As for the replacement parts, it would be a "huge" logistics work for Kinetic's distributor worldwide and it involves totally 9 differents sprue to be replaced. I am not sure if world-wide replacement is possible or not. But we will discuss with them.

I am burning the mid-night oil to make a F-16I. Besides the nose profile, some other parts are also fixed (like the vertical fin). It is more easy to do it now. Although the ejection pin "tower" still exists in the inner intake, but many ejection pin has been relocated to avoid putting on some surface area.

I just understand why they design the F-16I with another in-take part (not the standard NSI), some minor/details position has a small difference. Even the F-16I spine's attena with different configuration.

As for the replacement parts, it would be a "huge" logistics work for Kinetic's distributor worldwide and it involves totally 9 differents sprue to be replaced. I am not sure if world-wide replacement is possible or not. But we will discuss with them.

Raymond, you and Kinetic are going way above and beyond, you both should be applauded.

clapping.gif

Can't wait to see the revamped Falcons

Well done for the effort. Keeping reasonable customers happy is a basic law of our economic system. You will get many return customers the way you and Kinetic are acting.

I do have a few questions:

1. When you say that "Besides the nose profile, some other parts are also fixed (like the vertical fin)" in the F-16I and the Polish Viper, does this also applies to the F-16AMU, too, not only the nose profile?

2. When will we know if we are buying an F-16AMU or the DJ with the corrected sprues??

3. Any thought at coming out with a 1/48 F-16ADF (Block 15)?

Regards,

Jose

Well done for the effort. Keeping reasonable customers happy is a basic law of our economic system. You will get many return customers the way you and Kinetic are acting.

I do have a few questions:

1. When you say that "Besides the nose profile, some other parts are also fixed (like the vertical fin)" in the F-16I and the Polish Viper, does this also applies to the F-16AMU, too, not only the nose profile?

2. When will we know if we are buying an F-16AMU or the DJ with the corrected sprues??

3. Any thought at coming out with a 1/48 F-16ADF (Block 15)?

Regards,

Jose

Dear Jose,

1. The parts apply to all F-16 series. So, the nose issue will also apply to F-16AMU only not in the current batch.

2. We will have answer soon, but it probably depends on the production planning.

3. The exisitng F-16AM can make into F-16ADF, (if you mention about the AIM-7, AAQ-20, the coming ROCAF version will have the parts, but we cannot access to the item as this is exclusive to Taiwan market, which I believe you can get it from some webstore in Taiwan).

Dear Jose,

1. The parts apply to all F-16 series. So, the nose issue will also apply to F-16AMU only not in the current batch.

2. We will have answer soon, but it probably depends on the production planning.

3. The exisitng F-16AM can make into F-16ADF, (if you mention about the AIM-7, AAQ-20, the coming ROCAF version will have the parts, but we cannot access to the item as this is exclusive to Taiwan market, which I believe you can get it from some webstore in Taiwan).

Thanks for your prompt response. I recall having this subject discussed in another thread so I did a search of the forum and found this:

Actually, Raymond is semi-correct:

For doing a ADF, you get the proper parts for the tail housing and the antennas in front of the cockpit. You do however not get the AIM-7 launch rails under the wings, neither the correct antennas to place under the air intake. ALso the cockpit is MLU, while the ADF retained the original A-cockpit.

Part C25 can be used as the air intake antennas, but are not quite rigt. Actually, part C25 is the antennas that go in front of the cockpit of F-16C's of the Turkish AF Block 50's, as well as in front of Taiwanese Vipers.

That being said, you should be fine by using them under the air intake. The difference is not big, and will give you just about all you need in the kit.