New photo: Su-35(BM) Bort 902

Whoa !!! fantastic photo, thanks for sharing, Zmey........

I have been waiting for some more top and bottom shots of 902 in order to have a go at a 1:72 conversion - so that photo may just push me over the edge into making one.

All I need now is a top shot.......

I prefer the greys on 902 over the sands on 901.......

Ken

Edited by Flankerman
wow amazing scheme - can't wait to see them flying in 5 months... just reserved 14 days off work for the second half of August :yahoo:

Apparently we (the tour group I go with) are going to MAKS on Friday & Sunday..........

Maybe see you there ????

We will probably be staying at the Cosmos.

Ken

still too early to tell, where I'll be staying... but sure we could meet there. Zmey and Shark will also be there...

Is Cosmos one of the hotels at Ismailovo?

I'll try to get the most of it by going to MAKS during the week days to avoid weekend crowds, but I might be there on Friday...

Is Cosmos one of the hotels at Ismailovo?

No - they are the Imailovo Alpha, Delta, Vega etc :- http://www.hotelizmailovo.ru/eng/

The Cosmos is north - near VDNK on Prospekt Mira :- http://www.hotelcosmos-moscow.com/

We stayed at the Ismailovo Alpha a couple of years ago - where I met up with Andrei Kotkov (Kotey of Begemot) for a few beers.

I am trying to persuade the group to use the Ismailovo - but they prefer the Cosmos.

Ken

The only trouble with these two new Russian jets is that they have started to use 'slime lights' on them - you can see them on the fins, wingtip launch rails and forward fuselage.

I can do the necessary airframe conversion - increased-area rudders, revised tailboom, twin nosewheels, IFR probe, offset IRST etc etc - but the hardest part is going to be sourcing those slime lights !!!! :thumbsup:

I had the same trouble with my TUDM Su-30MKM - the conversion bit was simple, but making the slime lights was a pain. :worship:

I assume there are still no generic decal sheets of slime lights available ???

Ken

Edited by Flankerman
The only trouble with these two new Russian jets is that they have started to use 'slime lights' on them - you can see them on the fins, wingtip launch rails and forward fuselage.

I can do the necessary airframe conversion - increased-area rudders, revised tailboom, twin nosewheels, IFR probe, offset IRST etc etc - but the hardest part is going to be sourcing those slime lights !!!! :)

I had the same trouble with my TUDM Su-30MKM - the conversion bit was simple, but making the slime lights was a pain. :worship:

I assume there are still no generic decal sheets of slime lights available ???

Ken

I think there are Ken...I'll search around and let you know who makes them. I know I've seen them somewhere..