Royal Saudi Air Force Tornado IDS

I've just finished this one for a review in the IPMS UK Magazine. It's one of the two RSAF Tornado IDS aircraft that are used by BAE Systems at Warton for the Tornado Sustainment Programme (the RSAF equivalent to the GR4 upgrade, although their jets do not get the full GR4 treatment). The model is the Italeri Tornado IDS kit with decals from Jumpjet Decals, Neomega resin cockpit and stores from Airfix and Revell. At some point it will get some drop tanks too, but I can't handle doing another load of Saudi masking just yet!

8431_281835880050_626415050_9229251_1310757_n.jpg

8431_281835890050_626415050_9229252_4557046_n.jpg

Loadout includes BOZ and Sky Shadow pods, ALARM, AIM-9L and Storm Shadow. I decided to do one of the Storm Shadows as a yellow test weapon.

8431_281835895050_626415050_9229253_1742580_n.jpg

It needs another matt coat (that would be matt coat number 4 - grrrr) and some of the transparancies fitted, but otherwise it's pretty much complete.

Thanks for all the kind words guys. I think a panel wash may be in order at some point, but I'll see how I feel.

Nicely done - I have this on my "to do" list.

Where are jumpjet decals to be found here in the UK?

I got them from the IPMS for a review, but if you Google them you should be able to find a website to order them from.

Bobski..

excellent build..

can share the paint code? what paint you use?

kuman

The sand colour is Xtracrylics RAF Middle Stone, the brown is Vallejo 70875 Beige Brown and the green is Xtracrylics Dunkelgrun.