Initially I started this one in the Not Your Nation Groupbluid, but was unable to phinish it before the deadline. Inspiration for this F-4E came from a pic taken while the Phantom was on transition from the 57FFW to the 131TFW (check the entries thread).

I used pretty much the standards; Hase F-4F (stlore the stabilo's from an E), Eduard PE, PParagon slats, True Details wheels, and some more...

I hope you like it!

DObers_2011_02_17_Thuis_0001.jpg

DObers_2011_02_17_Thuis_0003.jpg

DObers_2011_02_17_Thuis_0006.jpg

DObers_2011_02_17_Thuis_0007.jpg

DObers_2011_02_17_Thuis_0008.jpg

Thanks for all nice comments, they are a good motivator for the next build!

What paints did you use? Did you make any adjustment to the colors?

It's funny you ask because normally I scale down all my paints by adding a bit (7-12%) gloss white. When looking at the colors of the small paintcans its actually hard to see the differences in colors because they are quit dark. So, I scaled down the colors by adding white and started painting the first green. The next day I was about to spray the darker green, but once scaled down, I could not see any difference between the two. So, I painted a part of an old model with both greens and let it dry. The result was that there was almost no difference in colors. I went back to the original model, cleaned all paint off and started over, this time not scaling down the paints with the result as above.

These are the Xtra Colors I used:

X110 (FS34079)

X116 (FS34102)

X129 (FS36081)

Hope this helps!

Daniël

You did a nice job but I'm not sure anyone else noticed but you show your bird turning and the rudder is in the correct position for that turn. Its the small details like that that stick out in my mind. Excellent job.

Edited by Iron Man