F-18F Super Hornet, VF-103 Jolly Roger

And then it was finished ...well more or less at least.

I hve no weapons loaded yet since I´m out of AMRAAMS :P I´ll remedy that at a later point with a Gawa weapon set.

For now you´ll have to do with these pictures :D

It was a rather nice build and OK decals...I might get back to this machine loaded with some Aires resin at some point :D

Here´s the WIP thread : http://s362974870.onlinehome.us/forums/air/index.php?showtopic=232167&st=0

Well for now...here´s the pics!

DSC_0403.jpg

DSC_0406.jpg

DSC_0408.jpg

DSC_0412.jpg

DSC_0413.jpg

DSC_0414.jpg

DSC_0417.jpg

DSC_0418.jpg

DSC_0419.jpg

DSC_0420.jpg

more in part 2

Edited by Aigore

Thanx Mike and Dndieje :D

For those interested I can mention that my NIkon D3100 is now officially deflowered in my photostudio (my newest toy. The pics are taken from a tripod stand in pretty low light with covered desklamps as lighting, 2.5 to 3 second shutter time at f22 and f26 and ISO 200 with a timed trigger at 2 seconds (don´t have a remote trigger yet...next on my wish list)

Fantastic job, I could only wish to do such quality work on my models and the WIP was a pleasure to follow.

However, I would ammend your topic title as Jolly Rogers are now VFA-103. Although IMHO VF-84 is the only true number for JR.

Denis

Impressive! And finished in the best Navy markings ever to fly off a carrier!

:woo::woot.gif::thumbsup:

Supersnyggt! Ge dig en stor klapp på axeln! Det förtjänar du, helt klart.

/Kristian

Great job Janne! Again :D

May I ask why did you position the horizontal stabilizers like you did? I would expect them to be angled opposite on parked aircraft, with the trailing edge lower... well at least it's like that on most aircraft...

Fantastic job, I could only wish to do such quality work on my models and the WIP was a pleasure to follow.

However, I would ammend your topic title as Jolly Rogers are now VFA-103. Although IMHO VF-84 is the only true number for JR.

Denis

Thanx Denis, there fixed :D.... know any more why it´s VFA-103 and not VF-84? I had no Idea really.

That is an awesome job. Love the weathering.

Thank you Captain :D

Beauty. Beats the hell outta mine. lol

A weathered beast is a good beast.

Thanx, take it you like them dirty and grimy as well :D

Stunning, I love the head on shots. The weathering is perfect and canopy polished out perfectly.

Thanx Iron MAn :D

Well, there goes another perfectly new pair of Draaaws! Great job on the weathering.....holy crap, that's nice!

-Jim

Hehehe, thanx Jim!

Impressive! And finished in the best Navy markings ever to fly off a carrier!

Supersnyggt! Ge dig en stor klapp på axeln! Det förtjänar du, helt klart.

/Kristian

Tack Kristian :D

Great job Janne! Again :D

May I ask why did you position the horizontal stabilizers like you did? I would expect them to be angled opposite on parked aircraft, with the trailing edge lower... well at least it's like that on most aircraft...

Thanx Seb, aboot the stabs...well actually I didn´t remember if it was down or up they were supposed to be :P so it was a 50/50 guess :P THey aren´t glued on so therer´s an easy remedy :D

Janne,

Absolutely MAGNIFICENT AND STUNNING Super Hornet. :wub: :wub:

GOSH !!! It is ONE OF THE BEST looking, BEST weathered, BEST painted Hornet I have seen...

the build is a WINNER for sure. :worship::worship::worship::worship:

Thanx Holmes :D