New tamiya panel color accent

I'd get those two jars from my LHS yesterday.

I didn't already heard about it on this forum before, so I thought it was worth posting.

This is a kind of wash from Tamiya (So it couldn't be bad!).

wash_t10.jpg

I've got two, black and grey, but there's also a third, brown.

acc-tami-panel-87132.jpg

And here's the user's guide:

wash_t11.jpg

I'll test them ASAP.

:)

Not to derail this topic too much, but I noticed there's quite a bit of English on the bottle...

Could this indeed mean that Tamiya products may soon be back in stock in the USA???

I think there's always been quite a bit of English on some of the Tamiya products. At least the ones sold in Australia anyway. Basic Putty, paint, cement... Anyway.... Back to the topic at hand.... How are these things supposed to be used anyway? And where is the step-by-step that the OP mentioned?

How are these things supposed to be used anyway? And where is the step-by-step that the OP mentioned?

Used as any other wash, I suppose. There's a little brush under the cap, so that you can "paint" easily the panel lines.

And I talked about future step by step.

Says "Do not apply to enamel paints". Wonder why.

Because it's an enamel based product. It has to be diluted with X20, Tamiya's enamel dilutant.

Not to derail this topic too much, but I noticed there's quite a bit of English on the bottle...

Could this indeed mean that Tamiya products may soon be back in stock in the USA???

Excellent, a new product from Tamiya that we will fall in love with then they will quit making it for a while while we run out....

Oh well there goes that nice product for me I ONLY use enamel paints

but then again if i put a coat of Future ill be fine i guess

Edited by Neo

Oh well there goes that nice product for me I ONLY use enamel paints

I would hazard a guess and say that a future coat would provide sufficient protection for enamel paint if you really want to try it.

The instructions say use tamiya thinner X20, which is tamiya's enammel thinner.<div>the instructions also says "do not apply onto enamel paint".</div><div><br></div><div>This is why I also posted the instruction picture, which seems very clear to me.</div>

has anyone tried this?

I'm pretty sure X-20 will eat through tamiya acrylic paints.

the only thing that it would not remove is tamiya's sprays since they are laquer.

am I mistaken?

has anyone tried this?

I'm pretty sure X-20 will eat through tamiya acrylic paints.

the only thing that it would not remove is tamiya's sprays since they are laquer.

am I mistaken?

Tamiya X-20 will not eat thru Tamiya acrylic. I've used Tamiya enamel highly thinned with Tamiya X-20 as panel wash over acrylic. No problem. You were probably thinking of Tamiya X-20A, which is acrylic thinner.

Can't comment much about sprays, since it's been quite some time since I used Tamiya sprays.

• 3 months later...