Kinetic 1/48 T-45: first impressions

英语是你的母语吗?我不知道你的意思是什么。为什么这个套件让你感觉sick?可能你不知道怎么用这个词?你的意思是那些panel lines太宽了吗?太深了?

Translation:

Is English your mother tongue? I do not know what you mean. Why does this kit make you feel sick? Maybe you do not know how to use this phrase? Do you mean that the panel lines are too wide? Or too deep?

Mark

Btw, I was thinking last night and an thought crossed my mind, what ship are they using now for carrier training?

There is no longer a dedicated training carrier. We use which ever ship is available at an appropriate point in its turnaround/training cycle. Usually, it's timed to occur in conjunction with (just prior to or at the tail end of) an FRS CQ period.

Gabe

With the T-45 coming out ( can't wait to get mine) maybe, just maybe there is a chance for a T-37 coming out some day, Well I can hope............

No, we need a TF-9J to round out the Navy trainer gaps.

Please, Raymond, at least consider it. :thumbsup:

Oh, and thanks for the T-45!

It's on order and in the mail - somewhere over the Pacific.

Edited by prowler4

quite excited to see these things built up! painting gloss white has to be one of my worse nightmares

Gloss white is absolute cake.

You just spray white, any white, let it cure for a few days then wet sand with 2000 grit and buff to a shine.

Done.

Edited by pookie

Gloss white is absolute cake.

You just spray white, any white, let it cure for a few days then wet sand with 2000 grit and buff to a shine.

Done.

I've never heard that before. May have to give that a try. What do you recommend for buffing??

quite excited to see these things built up! painting gloss white has to be one of my worse nightmares

Unless you're building a model of a brand new or freshly painted jet, you don't really need a high gloss finish. Within about a year, they start to get a bit of oxidation on them. By the time they're due for re-paint (8-9 years) they are downright flat. The Orange areas get quite a chalky layer on them too.

Just do a well-weathered one. :)