New MiG-29 sheet in the works..

And this is the latest reincarnation of white 14 from this summer. It is dedicated to the 100 years of the Bulgarian airforce and on the engine it has all the insignias used during those 100 years. But I guess we are asking too much.

20121006_Avioshow202012_0820.jpg

20121006_Avioshow202012_0751.jpg

img6635j.jpg

img6743bgs.jpg

img6742bgs.jpg

Added bort 30 to the sheet and updated the images - I will do the kill marks later.

The 100th year markings look great, I wish I had seen these earlier. It's too late to add these though; even if I had the space the number of colors would increase the cost beyond the inexpensive "Global Air Power Series" range.

Nice stuff, Kursad!

Great thanks also to the guys who added to the sheet! I shall get one for sure. That Bulgarian MiG is really nice with it's tiny exercise markings :thumbsup:

P.S.: at least one Romanian and one Myanmar examples are also on my to-do list and your decals might well be a little bit sharper than what's already available out there.

Thanks everyone - this decal sheet is now being printed, and should be available in a month or so. The next type to get the same treatment will be the Mig-21F-13. I will start a new thread soon; let's start with the white Albanian J-7A.

mig21f13promo1.jpg

Thanks everyone - this decal sheet is now being printed, and should be available in a month or so. The next type to get the same treatment will be the Mig-21F-13. I will start a new thread soon; let's start with the white Albanian J-7A.

mig21f13promo1.jpg

You are killing me here Kursad! I love the mig-29 sheet and now mig-21f-13/J-7A you are the man!

The "kill" markings were apparently applied after a joint US-Bulgarian exercise; most likely after a DACT session with USAF assets.

During Maple Flag in 2005 A-10s in Cold Lake painted two East German Mig-29 kills during the excercise. Both were gun kills.

Kursad What grays are used on Polish AF 111 Heros aircraft.Need to order that sheet for my GWH Mig-29.

These aircraft are painted in FS36270, FS36118 and FS36375.

Edited by KursadA

Hi Kursada,

Did you happen to come across any photos of Myanmar Air force Mig-29UB which show the vent behind the gun opening.

I have started Academy Mig-29UB which I hope to finish in time for your decal.

I'm not really sure if I should retain the molded grills on the kit or should I change it to "fish bone" pattern grills for Myanmar Mig-29UB.

Do you plan to release a separate set for stencils? This will be really useful for those who use your "Global Air Power" sets.

I have only one photo showing the gun vents of the Myanmar UB and it seems to be the standard vent style as opposed to the "fishbone".

I have no plans to do stencils for any of the Global Air Power series, sorry. This series will only have the main markings and major operator-specific stencils if it is impossible to source them anywhere else.

The decals are here! The instruction sheets will not arrive for about ten days or so; I will activate preorders a couple days before they are ready. I am very pleased with how they turned out, and can't wait to build the new GWH kit in Bangladeshi camo.

febdecals02.jpg

febdecals03.jpg

I find it very interesting to see how you are working to design a new decal sheet. And you might have a new customer now :)

BTW, do you outsource the printing ?

Edited by toniosky

I find it very interesting to see how you are working to design a new decal sheet. And you might have a new customer now :)/>

BTW, do you outsource the printing ?

I like to keep open line of communication during the design stage, the end product ends up being much better this way.

Almost all of my decals (including these) are printed in Italy by Cartograf, considered by any to be the best decal printer in the world. I also use other well-known printing houses for my lower volume sheets.

There will certainly be a 9-13 sheet when the GWH kit is out. I will consider Peru for that; but I don't have good reference photos. Please contact me if you can help with photos of the unit badges, colors, etc.

I like to keep open line of communication during the design stage, the end product ends up being much better this way.

Almost all of my decals (including these) are printed in Italy by Cartograf, considered by any to be the best decal printer in the world. I also use other well-known printing houses for my lower volume sheets.

Thanks for your answer ;)

Antoine