[IRIAF] SU-24 crash vid

Poor landing in the first instance. Not surprised he crashed it. Far too fast on the approach and poor rotation on wheels down amongst other serious issues. Jeez, pilots license out of cornflakes packet.

He just forced the stick down to land after the bounce, that was a go around all day for me.

Edited by loki

Poor landing in the first instance. Not surprised he crashed it. Far too fast on the approach and poor rotation on wheels down amongst other serious issues. Jeez, pilots license out of cornflakes packet.

He just forced the stick down to land after the bounce, that was a go around all day for me.

Well, there were technical problems with the plane. The video is old, and i don't recall details, but if i am not mistaken it had flaps/slats or engine issue. They are not dropping fuel for fun. ;) So i wouldn't be too harsh on the pilots.

A Russian seat was considered for the F-35, not for the F-22.

It was most definitely considered for F-22, regarding F-35 i don't know. There are still several articles available online regarding F-22 + K-36.

PS: Thanks for the correction Leviathan.

Edited by Berkut

Yeah sorry, it seems to be an old vid (plane crashed April 14th 2008)

Berkut

From what i've read, it seems the throlle was jammed. one of the engine damaged and the other pushing hard wit pilot unable to control this one.

That could explain it.

Well if he had throttle probs and controlability issues why try to land??

Should have gotten some altitude under his butt, gone somewhere safe for a crashing jet and ejected. If that bird had rolled on the landing they never would gotten out safely, great seat or not!

Good thing they pulled the handles when they did!!

The seat in the Su-24 is the earlier K-36DM Seria 1 version, still the capabilities are just as good as on all other K-36 versions. It has excellent O altitude parameters. Good to see that crew was saved once again. (no matter if it is ACES, K-36 or Martin-Baker the most important thing is that they are safe!)

The seat considered for US figthers was a later and much lighter version of it. The US wanted it all right (after series of tests in America together with the Russian design team) but the real issue was the manufacture of the seats for US aircraft. The Americans wanted to have it all "in house" which would have meant the complete transfer of all technology from the Russians to the US. Of course they said no to that. What woudl the US do in a similar situation??? There would be one answer, and that would be NO jsut as well. So the story of the Zvezda K-36 seats in the US ended.

Best regards

Gabor

Well if he had throttle probs and controlability issues why try to land??

Should have gotten some altitude under his butt, gone somewhere safe for a crashing jet and ejected. If that bird had rolled on the landing they never would gotten out safely, great seat or not!

Good thing they pulled the handles when they did!!

they just try to save the plane till the last moment.

During Iran/Irak wars, IRIAF pilots always tried to bring back the planes the best they could, even the badly damaged ones so they could use them for spare parts due to US sanctions after 1979.

If i'm not mistaken, Iran is under many U.N sanctions and cannot buy planes, tanks and many other stuff. So i guess this Fencer crew tried until the last moment to save this plane.