Great Wall Hobby 1/48 F-15B/D

A CNC is only as accurate as the data programmed into it. Still comes down to conducting proper research of your subject prior to pushing the "start" button.

Yep; very good point.

Proper research=person (Man) hours=big bucks.

The more accurate research, the more expensive it is.

Thank you, Ol Crew Dog for always taking the time to wholesale repost pictures that are only a couple of posts previous. BANGHEAD2.jpg/>

Gene K

I find members who nag like an unrelenting spouse/SO in a thread much more annoying than a member quoting a post full of pics that's only a couple of posts previous.

Further; I don't ever remember nagging being a desirable character trait.

Just sayin......

• 2 weeks later...

I find members who nag like an unrelenting spouse/SO in a thread much more annoying than a member quoting a post full of pics that's only a couple of posts previous.

Further; I don't ever remember nagging being a desirable character trait.

Just sayin......

#1. I usually like Ol Crew Dog's posts as he's quite knowledgeable in, at least, some areas.

But I have to say, in this case, re-posting pics--and, worse, entire posts' worth--is just unnecessary in most cases. I think some do it because they don't know any better, just like other forum faux pas. And, if we can at least agree something is a faux pas (and of course that's a whole other talk show), posts about it are a way to foster the behavior we are look for. The post by Check Six was somewhat blunt, but Crew Dog has been around enough to have a thick skin. And it doesn't make sense to nag as a way to tell someone else not to nag. (I do, however and ironically, understand that nagging is another faux pas.)

And remember, people who get this on their smart device with a data plan, the nagging is much more monthly bill-friendly than the picture reposter.

Mike Todd

#1. I usually like Ol Crew Dog's posts as he's quite knowledgeable in, at least, some areas.

But I have to say, in this case, re-posting pics--and, worse, entire posts' worth--is just unnecessary in most cases. I think some do it because they don't know any better, just like other forum faux pas. And, if we can at least agree something is a faux pas (and of course that's a whole other talk show), posts about it are a way to foster the behavior we are look for. The post by Check Six was somewhat blunt, but Crew Dog has been around enough to have a thick skin. And it doesn't make sense to nag as a way to tell someone else not to nag. (I do, however and ironically, understand that nagging is another faux pas.)

And remember, people who get this on their smart device with a data plan, the nagging is much more monthly bill-friendly than the picture reposter.

Mike Todd

Pictures don't show on my iPhone when I do a quote so I don't see them when I make the posting...

Did not know I was doing it........

Sorry but when I bring any info I try and give as much of the personal experience as possible, thinking it would make the technical stuff more interesting..

Cheers

Pictures don't show on my iPhone when I do a quote so I don't see them when I make the posting...

Sorry but when I bring any info I try and give as much of the personal experience as possible, thinking it would make the technical stuff more interesting..

Cheers

The image code should be there, so just edit them out.

HTH

Cheers

When you do quote someone, the pictures do not show up as pictures but text. You need the select the text in the quote that has IMG brackets, from the first [ to the last ] and delete this section of the quote. This removes the pictures.

You can also use the edit feature to go back and fix your previous posts. Do the same thing and remove the [ IMG ] sections.

This will make life easier for those of us with a slow internet connection.

HTH

Because of chinese new year, they have $2 surface shipping promotion for orders of $120+. right now and 10% discount too.

I have a friend that used this promotion on Oct 11th of last year and he still doesn't have his stuff. I ordered an item from them in May and I still haven't gotten it yet although it was in stock, not available when I ordered it. I was once a dedicated customer of theirs, now I will never buy from them again....

That jacks the cost up to $80.

Thanks for the response.

And the $110.99 at squadron is nothing compared to their shipping ripoff. They charge $65.95 flat rate shipping to Canada for orders between $100 and $399.99. This makes the price from squadron $176.94. They aren't going to sell very many north of the border at that ripoff price.

I've had great luck at LuckyModel, no pun intended. Their price of $80.36 total with Air Parcel shipping to Canada is a steal.

From my point of view it would appear that even if you could get this kit for $60 in the US you still wouldn't be happy. $125.94 shipped from Squadron to a US address or $79.54 from LM to a US address. Which would you prefer?

:whistle:/>

Ciao,

John

it is trackable according to their email:

US$2 Flat International surfacemail shipping worldwide

* A flat, US$2 shipping charges for orders over US$120.

* It is trackable shipping. You can track it out with us or at: http://app3.hongkongpost.hk/CGI/mt/enquiry.jsp

* Delivery Time: 30 to 120 business days. Check out more at: http://www.hongkongpost.com/doc/common/pos15_Supplement.pdf#page=2

e.g. shipping to United States is 25 to 40 business days, shipping to United Kingdom is 35 to 45 business days & shipping to Australia is 20 to 35 business days.

* Valid till February 12, 2014.

but if you need it in a hurry than this will not work for you

Be aware of the key terms for the second offer: 1) You have to spend over $120, and 2) Surface shipping - expect 2-3 months at least and no tracking.

Well, there is not much difference if you order using airmai. I have been waiting for a package that they sent on December 10, 2013. To be honest, I don't understand why it takes so long.

I have other packages that they shipped weeks after, so I don't have any idea when I will get them.

If you need something really fast, you either go with Sprue Brothers or Squadron.

Juan

Edited by solher1
  • 2 weeks later...

I just got new side drawing from the factory, we changed the after fairing behind the canopy, and also we changed the cross-section issue

175606e8i7nn5pg6953l30.jpg

compare to the real thing

180535b9sgs9h8p7ygz7p2.jpg

and cross-section is changed

182942d3rifm03nwnznnoi.jpg

it's not final yet, we still keep correcting issues founded here and there earlier

Hope the future release would not be too late...