F-22 incident?

Can we stick to F-22 pilots harassing Irainian F-4 pilots that were harassing UAVs ?

Oh, and "Top Gun" bravado by USAF Officers recollecting the incident ...

-Gregg

I am really surprised at the reaction to what going over the top really is. My point is that this thread is really stupid to argue about what the verbiage of what some General said…who cares. The point is that instead of being thankful that the gates are guarded with men/countries with guns and being grateful for that protection, this SS guy from Belgium has the arrogance to disrespect the very people that allow him to live as he does. To bad that makes him uncomfortable. Who's money do yo think it was that built the Raptor anyhow, And who is paying the bill for the US to be over their to keep the Oil flowing to western Europe free from Iranian disruption? Tell me who is it?? It is not the Belgian Air Force and I mean no disrespect in saying that, as they are a top notch force flying American F-16 and trained in America as we train American pilot. And let's not forget that America paid for the jets and the training as part of our NATO commitment. That means the American tax payer paid the bill, of which I am one. Wounldn't you have been better of saying "man, I am glad those jets are on patrol". It

Les, I will fly anywhere to meet you in front of any audience to debate history, especially American History, so swearing at me with your dollar signs is not going to get under my skin, I love you just the same and it makes you look small and uneducated. I did not mention Canada, a country where I have many relatives who served and died as well, because this thread was regarding a Belgians comments of American Military men and women. I think you need to really go back and read what I said, as you expanded the topic beyond the discussion. No where did I say America did it alone, but it is a historical fact that the war could not have been won, and won in the time frame it was without the industrial might of the United States, and a small part Canada being left alone to build the tools the descimated Europeans needed to fight with. Let us see, before America entered the war, Hitler controlled all of western Europe,, And people on fishing boats were called in to rescue the British Army at Dunkirk. Britain survived the battle of Britain through the shear will of the English people, the tenacity of the RAF, and the leadership of Winston Churchill….All under the protection of al mighty God, because only God could have made Hitler make the errors that he did. Canada was in the was then, how were all of the allies doing at that point? Were you winning? You were just glad the German invasion was not coming across the channel. As for the Russians, the US supplied the Soviets with more planes and tanks and truck than the their own factories could. intact they flew the much prized P-39/P400 to victory it was so highly regarded by the Soviet Air Force.

Answer this for me Les, Who rebuilt Europe after the war? Not just the winners, but the losers as well???? Think now Les……and what country burdened 99% of the defense costs of Europe to deter a Soviet invasion of western Europe for 50 years? Who was that Les ????? It was not Canada that is for sure. Not to say Canada was not playing a part in things, but without the US there is no Victory….. period.

Les, you make the comment (OK, so yes we can all be a$$holes about a history NONE OF US HERE FOUGHT IN OR LIVED THROUGH! ) Here you are dead wrong. My father fought in WWII and was wounded and died when I was young partially due to his service. I have two cousins who grew up and never knew their father, who was a navigator with the 8th on B-17s, and their 13 grandchildren have never known a grandpa because of his sacrifice over European counties. You obviously have no grasp of which you speak and shame on you sir, I suggest to you that the respect and gratitude does not end just because the generation that made the sacrifice is most passed on, as it is their children and grandchildren that now carry on the American tradition of Honor and Service.

Waco - really nothing more to say, thanks for your help. I just had to respond to this misguided youth.

Johnopfor - Hey man………how bad did it stink!!!!!!

You all have a good evening. Remember we are all on the same team.

You just described most of the governments/political systems in the WORLD.

Including the USA.

And not just govt. but all too many of the so-called vaunted (I'm about to puke right now) elites including celebrities, pro-atheltes, corporatists, bankers/financiers and yes even all too many of our just typical neighbour folks who live a life of delusion wherever we each may live.

I'm tellin ya there will not be enough rope for when the day comes to clean this glorified, arrogant and corrupt riff raff up.

Edited by Les / Creative Edge Photo

and yes even all too many of our just typical neighbour folks

Here in Merica, it's spelled neighbor, please stop disrespecting the Merican language!

Just kidding, please continue the prohibited from the forums political discussion.

Still 23 more shopping days till Christmas.

SS Actually, the fact that you even think that the US keeps the world safe is sad to hear. Also, in ww2, the sovjets and British did way more than the US did. If the Sovjets hadn't kicked #ss on the eastern front, D-Day would have been a failure.

Do a little research, It was America Industrial might that supplied all of the allies with weapons of every sort, mostly built by women and men physically unable or to old to fight, that made it possible for the allies to win the war. It was made possible by the hundred of thousands of merchant marines who serves and risked their lives in convoys to get this critical supplies to Europe before officially entering the was that made it even possible for the US to have England to fight from.

SS As for showing respect, i will always have respect for people who fought in the war. Some how i don't think you did that, so i don't owe you anything. And claiming that i'm anti-american becuase i don't believe one story an american said is just dumb. So don't start with the whole saving your butt again, because it is people like you why americans get a bad rep. You always brag about the fact that you won the war, but it was a team effort. The same for badmouthing the French because they surrendered. One difference americans had, you had no bombs falling on civilians (except for during pearl harbor). New york was never bombed by the germans, now was it? That's why it is easy not to surrender when your civilians aren't in immediate danger.

As for you being anti american, I didn't say that, but many here, including myself have said you sound sound like you are. You are making a useless point over language that is senseless. As for me, let's put our card on the table, I am disability retired Air Force Veteran, I have two uncles buried in French cemeteries from WWII. One form the invasion, and one from the Bulge. All told, 46 members of my family have served in combat with the US military since the Revolution from England, 21 have died in combat. Most died in the Civil war. Some from each side.

Now it sucks to have bombs drop on your head, but that makes it all the more reason to be tankful and to show respect for the country and people that won your country back with blood twice, keep it safe, and did not occupy it as an invader. You are free to say what you want, do your drugs as you please , have your whore houses , and run your own affairs. The respect I mention is not for me, but for the country and for those who serve, and at last count that is all Americans. It is respect for not being bombed so we could supply the English and the Russians, and lets not Forget beating the Japanese at the same time defeating the Nazis, with materials to win the war. It is to bad that your country is the battle ground of Europe, but we ended that, and you cannot respect that? If you want to debate history, please check your facts first. Now have great day!

Thank goodness you were there when the Nazis bombed Pearl Harbor.

Might want to crack a book and read up on WW2. I seem to recall that other nations played a bit of role as well but why let the facts get in the way of a good rant.

Like I said before, you can't pay for better entertainment. I took the time to re-post some of this thread on other sites, plenty of laughs to be had.

Here in Merica, it's spelled neighbor, please stop disrespecting the Merican language!

Just kidding, please continue the prohibited from the forums political discussion.

Still 23 more shopping days till Christmas.

Sorry but there is nothing political in my post. I only noted at how we have all too many people who live life as selfish pigs, greedy, corrupt, arrogant and belligerent. Many who'd knife you in the back to take your last $0.25. Corruption and cronyism abounds and all through out the world. From regular folks who live mostly wannabe and phony lives on the premise of "fake it till ya make it" You know the ones who likely tune into to Real House Wives of _______ and such idiot shows. But more so to the real bad apples. No not just in politics but many in the market place with corrupt and greedy ideals, making shady back room deals and often in bed with sick bankers and financiers who all play a sick game of social exploitation and abuse of people all to make another damn buck they have no real need for.

Nope nothing I said is political on any spectrum of politics but just a point of view on what I believe can easily be seen by anyone who dares open their own eyes.

The first step in possibly reducing, fixing or otherwise ending a problem is to first see that it exists and to then discuss it at hand. Only then may we begin to tackle it. Burying one's head in the sand or worse jumping on board in some vain attempt to try to get your share of this crap wont reduce nor fix it.

No two snow flakes are the same.

You can't get the same cold virus twice, you're body has developed an immunity to that particular virus.

Every ear of corn has an even number of kernels.

There is approximately 5.7 trillion miles in a Light Year.

No two snow flakes are the same.

You can't get the same cold virus twice, you're body has developed an immunity to that particular virus.

Every ear of corn has an even number of kernels.

There is approximately 5.7 trillion miles in a Light Year.

There are between 100-400 billion stars in our Milkyway Galaxy. Estimates support that there may be over 8 billion Earth type planets in our Galaxy. It's interesting to note how many may have life and intelligent life as ours.

Then the estimate is as many as 500 billion galaxies in our known universe X ??? the amount of stars in each galaxy.

Lets not even go to the idea of multi-verses.

And not just govt. but all too many of the so-called vaunted (I'm about to puke right now) elites including celebrities, pro-atheltes, corporatists, bankers/financiers and yes even all too many of our just typical neighbour folks who live a life of delusion wherever we each may live.

I'm tellin ya there will not be enough rope for when the day comes to clean this glorified, arrogant and corrupt riff raff up.

Hey Les,

You certainly come off as a liberal anti-american "hater" in you posts. But I understand your perspective. We Americans can be too brash sometimes, but it is part of our collective cultural "swagger" to use a current overused term. We have a "take it to 'em" mentality and historically tend to see things a little more black and white than other nations. We get frustrated at organizations such as the UN that are so politically compromised that they can't get anything done for fear of stepping on someone's toes.

When you mention American social problems, which you infer as typical........many of them are symptomatic of an undisciplined culture that has evolved over the years as the US has struggled with the civil rights movement and largely unstructured immigration. One can be all over the political map on these issues, but there is no denying that these factors have resulted in a lack of national collective vision and have compromised even the most basic moral framework for a significant number of people in some communities.

However, there are still many Americans who are much more even keeled, law abiding citizens, that believe in truth and justice, and also believe, as I do, that it is a responsibility to champion those values around the world....to show the way...to lead by example....to represent the best that mankind can be. Unfortunately, it appears as though it is a task that we are not up to. We have tried, but have made many mistakes and have opened ourselves up to second guessing to the point where people like you, who represent the view point of a large number of folks around the world, have become cynical about our motivations. Our credibility has been compromised, along with our effectiveness,,,,but we soldier on.

Edmund Burke supposedly said "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." I think that is a universal truth, as people who find themselves in a position of power will have tendency to use if improperly if unchecked. So, within society and around the world, we must expect of ourselves nothing less than to check abuse of power. That is what is partially driving American foreign policy. It is not "Yankee Imperialism" per say. Having said that, Americans do largely believe in private corporations and the concept of capitalism. But we must constantly be aware of the dangers of unbridled capitalism.

With WWII in Europe, it was largely an American victory, It could not have been won without the American effort, but it could have been won without the participation of many other nations. Except for the UK, they had all fallen by the time we got seriously involved. The forces which liberated Europe were far and away largely American, and has been pointed out, the Russians, although they had soldiers, needed American equipment to fight with, as did everyone else. Although everyone participated and helped the cause and deserve our greatest respect, the people of Europe can look to one nation as the main source of their liberation...the USA.

In the modern era, we have come to realize that winning the war is the easy part. It is keeping the peace after that is hard. The WWII model, where you had nations of largely homogeneous populations, is very different than now were you have cultural divided, tribal loyalties, a limited sense of nationalism, and a lack of respect for a democratic process. Not every nation is ready for "American Style" democracy. Democracy only works well when most people are on roughly the same page.

Edited by DutyCat

Sorry but there is nothing political in my post. I only noted at how we have all too many people who live life as selfish pigs, greedy, corrupt, arrogant and belligerent. Many who'd knife you in the back to take your last $0.25. Corruption and cronyism abounds and all through out the world. From regular folks who live mostly wannabe and phony lives on the premise of "fake it till ya make it" You know the ones who likely tune into to Real House Wives of _______ and such idiot shows. But more so to the real bad apples. No not just in politics but many in the market place with corrupt and greedy ideals, making shady back room deals and often in bed with sick bankers and financiers who all play a sick game of social exploitation and abuse of people all to make another damn buck they have no real need for.

Nope nothing I said is political on any spectrum of politics but just a point of view on what I believe can easily be seen by anyone who dares open their own eyes.

The first step in possibly reducing, fixing or otherwise ending a problem is to first see that it exists and to then discuss it at hand. Only then may we begin to tackle it. Burying one's head in the sand or worse jumping on board in some vain attempt to try to get your share of this crap wont reduce nor fix it.

I always picture a grown fat man who plays with toy airplanes in his spare time typing this with sausage fingers while the TV drones on in the background giving him this "worldly" knowledge to lecture the rest of us because he saw a commercial, instead of volunteering for a charity or helping a veteran.

How close am I?

Also, please stop posting the same rant here again and again thinking it makes any kind of difference other than people rolling their eyes at you. You apply it to any thread at the first opportunity, we've seen it, we get it. you are just as selfish and obsessive as the bored rich housewife you rail against. Ranting about what you think is the "proper way" others should live doesn't make you special. also bonus points on trying to spin your viewpoint as "non political" as "anyone can see it" thats pathetic.

I wish you would actually go out there and try and change the world instead of just typing about it on the internet, It would also keep you way too busy to repost this trash over and over again.

NASCAR BBQ!!

Edited by TaiidanTomcat