REFERENCE LIBRARY-POST YOUR PHOTOS/REQUESTS HERE

Hey, if you are not quite sure about a detail on your Hornet, or if you have detail photos you are willing to share, please post your requests and or photos here. Please keep the board guidelines in mind when posting photos. Thank you.

Colin,

Dave Roof has an excellent reference thread that I think should be posted here. Or even a link to it. Typing this from my mobile phone so don't have the link off hand. Also your CF-18 reference thread would be great. Hope folks can pin refs for Aussie and other export bugs.

Although there are many open source photos of the F-18 / CF-18 on the interweb, I have about 200 shots of 188901 that is on display at the Aviation Museum here in Ottawa. I don't have any photos of the cockpit or top / spine of the aircraft as they will not allow you to walk on the aircraft nor will they open the canopy. I have many detailed shots of the landing gear, wheel wells, wing tip rails, wing pylons (including a FAT pylon), looking down the intake and up the exhaust and many stencils and placards. It's very clean so if you want photo s replicate grime and smudge patterns, you're S.O.L.

As I work shift work and I have two major summer and fall vacations planned, please be patient if I don't respond to your request right away. I will when I can. I promise.

Mike

One info guys;I'll start buy some aftermarket for my models and regards to the seats what seat I need for the OIF C and Op. Falconer RAAF A? NACES SJU-17,SJU-5A or both types?

Also with the DACO and Melampy books I'm a bit uncertain...

Many thanks,

Gianni

Although there are many open source photos of the F-18 / CF-18 on the interweb, I have about 200 shots of 188901 that is on display at the Aviation Museum here in Ottawa. I don't have any photos of the cockpit or top / spine of the aircraft as they will not allow you to walk on the aircraft nor will they open the canopy. I have many detailed shots of the landing gear, wheel wells, wing tip rails, wing pylons (including a FAT pylon), looking down the intake and up the exhaust and many stencils and placards. It's very clean so if you want photo s replicate grime and smudge patterns, you're S.O.L.

As I work shift work and I have two major summer and fall vacations planned, please be patient if I don't respond to your request right away. I will when I can. I promise.

Mike

Did you show them your service pistol???? and the relevance to an on going investigation......... They'd probably hold the ladder for you. :woot.gif:

One info guys;I'll start buy some aftermarket for my models and regards to the seats what seat I need for the OIF C and Op. Falconer RAAF A? NACES SJU-17,SJU-5A or both types?

Also with the DACO and Melampy books I'm a bit uncertain...

Many thanks,

Gianni

For reference Jake Melampy's book is a must the DACO book is good reference too.

I think that the Aussie Hornets still retain the SJU-9/10 Export variant of the SJU-5/6 seats.

Small details include the removal of the USN landing signal box on the nose replaced with a Light.

Also the launch bar replaced with a dummy bar for balance purposes.

Did you show them your service pistol???? and the relevance to an on going investigation......... They'd probably hold the ladder for you. :woot.gif:/>

Once I undo the snap and start to draw...the paperwork just isn't worth it. ALF did take a picture of my robust frame squeezed into the cockpit of the CF-18 on display (188720) at the Bagotville Air Park outside the Cold War Museum when I was up there last June for the airshow. Fortunately, I had my shoe horn with me! With my photographic memory, I can recall the exact placement of every switch, dial and knob. Piece of cake. Buy that, and I have land outside Alert you might be interested in?

Edited by AX 365

Once I undo the snap and start to draw...the paperwork just isn't worth it. ALF did take a picture of my robust frame squeezed into the cockpit of the CF-18 on display (188720) at the Bagotville Air Park outside the Cold War Museum when I was up there last June for the airshow. Fortunately, I had my shoe horn with me! With my photographic memory, I can recall the exact placement of every switch, dial and knob. Piece of cake. Buy that, and I have land outside Alert you might be interested in?

Dibs on the golf course land by Alert! I hear tee-times are VERY hard to get...

You were very comfortable in the cockpit, Mike. Nothing ejected, blew up, or fell off the aircraft while you were sitting in it, so that's a win!

ALF

Colin,

Dave Roof has an excellent reference thread that I think should be posted here. Or even a link to it. Typing this from my mobile phone so don't have the link off hand. Also your CF-18 reference thread would be great. Hope folks can pin refs for Aussie and other export bugs.

I'll post a new thread for the CF-18. I deleted it when I left Z5......so when I'm feeling ambitious enough, I'll re-post it here.

Hey everyone! The builds so far look awesome, can't wait to share some progress on mine...

So, I'm using SuperScale decals to build the VFA-113 'Stingers' CAG Hornet below, and am also curious if anyone has any info on the timeframe this jet wore these markings (closest I could find was a photo from '99) or info on possible load-outs this one many have carried. Thanks for looking!

cvn72vfa113cag_zps81254cdc.jpg

(Image from: forum.igromania.ru)

Also, I posted a question about the nose gear doors in my thread: http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?showtopic=276491

Any help is appreciated!

- JL

Edited by plasticWerks_JL

I've got a load out question. Building a VFA-143 Super Hornet single seater. Hasegawa only give me a couple of AMRAAM's and AIM-9X's and a buttload of gas bags. I like arming my builds to the teeth so am keen to see some pics of heavily loaded Pukin Dogs birds. Did the E's ever carry GBU's or anything of the like? TIA

I've got a load out question. Building a VFA-143 Super Hornet single seater. Hasegawa only give me a couple of AMRAAM's and AIM-9X's and a buttload of gas bags. I like arming my builds to the teeth so am keen to see some pics of heavily loaded Pukin Dogs birds. Did the E's ever carry GBU's or anything of the like? TIA

Here is one load used over Afghanistan:

http://www.navy.mil/management/photodb/photos/100309-N-0000S-003.jpg

http://www.navy.mil/management/photodb/photos/100309-N-0000S-002.jpg

Four bombs would be "heavily loaded" for the time period.

Can anyone post F-18F cockpit photos please? Side consoles as well would be awesome, and seat pics. Basically everything that goes under the canopy.

I've been searching all over but haven't found decent info, my google skills seems lacking... :whistle:

Can anyone post F-18F cockpit photos please? Side consoles as well would be awesome, and seat pics.

There really aren't that many pictures. The best I found are here:

http://www.airliners.net/photo/USA---Navy/Boeing-F-A-18F-Super/1168906/L/

http://www.simpits.org/database/realcockpit2.html

for the front cockpit and this:

http://www.militaryparitet.com/html/data/ic_news/157/

for the later version back instrument panel.

Google "SJU-17A" for images of the seat.

Along with the info request from my previous post, would anyone have a decent pic of the canopy actuator/rear cockpit area under the canopy for a -C model? Any help with either of these is greatly appreciated.

-JL

This is the only one I can find. It's a CF-18A, but the rear cockpit area is very much the same as a C I believe. I have blanked out the face of the guys being hero-shotted. Photo was taken by DND, I think. As such, it should be free to use for non-commercial purposes.

hellhole1_zpsa687825d.jpg

ALF

Thank you ALF, looks like everything's just painted black back there! :thumbsup:/>

-JL

Pretty much, with some natural-metal mesh and sometimes dark green velcro holding it down.

Looks like the finishers were fans of the Rolling Stones... Paint it Black!

ALF

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Does anyone has some more pictures on this brown-camoed F/A-18F of VFA-122?

http://cdn-www.airliners.net/aviation-photos/photos/3/0/8/1637803.jpg

I could also use instructions on the camoflage-scheme.

Thanks!

HAJO

P.S.: YES, I will join this GB with that Super Bug!

Edited by Colin K
Hotlinked airliners.net photo

Again guys, please keep in mind the rules about hotlinking photos from airliners.net. Please do not post pics from airliners.net you may place a link to the image but not embed the image. Thanks!

Edited by Colin K