Something is coming for F-4E Phantom fans!

This is great news ! Thanks a lot Eli

But "War lover" remains a mystery for me : many phantom freaks says there were no slated F-4 in south east Asia. I had asked the question on this board many years ago and some said "war lover" had slats and some other said she had not... Despite long search on the net, I have never found a picture of the complete aircraft, just a small picture of the nose art in a squadron signal book...

Is it possible that "war lover" was converted after Viet Nam war?

This is great news ! Thanks a lot Eli

But "War lover" remains a mystery for me : many phantom freaks says there were no slated F-4 in south east Asia. I had asked the question on this board many years ago and some said "war lover" had slats and some other said she had not... Despite long search on the net, I have never found a picture of the complete aircraft, just a small picture of the nose art in a squadron signal book...

Is it possible that "war lover" was converted after Viet Nam war?

It was converted during the war.

Thanks

EXCELLENT job, Eli! I know you put hell of a lot of work into researching this project and it shows. After lots of sheets for postwar F-4Es, it'll be great to be able to model some that actually carried iron in anger.

EXCELLENT job, Eli! I know you put hell of a lot of work into researching this project and it shows. After lots of sheets for postwar F-4Es, it'll be great to be able to model some that actually carried iron in anger.

Thanks Jim,

You are the one that showed me the way and Larry for helping out.

Interesting - I've always understood the tan radomes on early 'E's to be Radome Tan instead of 30219!

Cheers,

Andre

I never knew that F-4E's had tan radomes at all. Interesting.

I would think that if this was case, it would be Radome Tan instead of 30219.

Anyone got any color pics of these aircraft?

The color reference comes directly from a crew chief that worked on them during the war.

It looks fresher that the rest of the 30219 applied. That's because it was new paint.

Very cool. I wanted to ask about the few jets with bare metal leading edges on their intakes, were they unpainted, polished or was the paint eroded? Reason I ask is we had F-4Es with older paint jobs in the units that I was assigned to in which the intake leading edge paint had eroded away. The metal was very flat, no gloss at all, a sandblasted appearance. The air conditioning intakes on these particular jets had the same eroded appearance.

Scott W.

Edited by Scott R Wilson

Very cool. I wanted to ask about the few jets with bare metal leading edges on their intakes, were they unpainted, polished or was the paint eroded? Reason I ask is we had F-4Es with older paint jobs in the units that I was assigned to in which the intake leading edge paint had eroded away. The metal was very flat, no gloss at all, a sandblasted appearance. The air conditioning intakes on these particular jets had the same eroded appearance.

Scott W.

Eroded Scott

48th drives all decal sales, w/ 72nd being a pittance comparatively. Mfgs. mandate min. order of 500 sheets which could take years to sell if then.

If you can throw in the Jolly Rogers somewhere it'll go far to sell any sheet though seems (that's a joke)

Fascinating stuff, had no idea there was so much variation on USAF F-4E's during this time period.

What's up with War Lover's solid dark green nose vrs the standard two-tone green camo present on all the other jets?

On the color photo provided, there's no 2 tone green discernible, maybe it is there. On the rear you can clearly see them.

On the color photo provided, there's no 2 tone green discernible, maybe it is there. On the rear you can clearly see them.

Works for me... She also has what appears to be a replacement or non-spec rudder.

What a great selection of F-4's, good luck with this sheet.

John

Great Stuff Eli consider them ordered!

Its very interesting how many little things pop up nobody had really seen much of before.

Tan radome E's plus chinless F-4C's for the first few years etc.

Still lots of cool stuff to discover.

Great work on the sheets!

That is chinless F-4Cs for the *Last few* airframes,,,,,not the first few years. Coupled with chinless F-4Ds for the first few airframes.

The "chinless" Phantoms were covered in print in 1977 by Squadron, 1973 by Aircam, and 1970 by Airfix Magazine,,,,with decals by AMT/Hasegawa in their earliest Phantom tooling.

That is amazing, Eli

I feel like uncle Scrooge swimmimng in the money. Waiting for the 32nd scale to come, you know.

However, please consider your previous sheet (Deadly J Jaws). For those who have it (talking about myself, selfish as I am) please select other options for the 32nd sheet or if you plan to release more sheets do at least one which do not include these options. I do not have problems having more F-4E decals than I will ever use even if I live 150 years but if the 32nd scale sheet includes versions which I already have it will be prohibitive. Thank you for understanding.

Best to all

Jozef