1/32 A-4E Skyhawk "Jester's Jet"

I present to everyone a 1/32 'Jester's A-4' from the movie Top Gun! A little background on this build, it began as my A-4F Blue Angels, but due to a canopy cracking and at the time I could't get the windshield to fit properly, so alas to the shelf-of-doom it went. One day Top Gun was on TV and I thought, I'd give it a go! It's the excellent Trumpeter kit (which I highly recommend to anyone considering any A-4 version), with the Wolfpack cockpit, Aires wheel bays, AMS resin bent refueling probe, SAC nose gear, Eduard photoetch flaps and slats, Quickboost ejection seat, Two Bobs 'Top Gun Tinker Toys Decals' (A VERY special thank you to Fred (F5Guy) for donating these extremely hard to find decals to me!!!!) Some scratch building. I originally started this with flaps and slats up since it was for the Blue Angels, but had to pull them off which butchered them in the process, but some careful reconstruction with CA glue, sanding, and scribing fixed it (wish I had some before and after photos). I used Model Master acrylic paints and freehanded the camo after some careful reference checking with the two bobs sheet, photos, and movie clips (the two bobs scheme is slightly incorrect). Anyone know of a 1/32 aftermarket set for the A-4 boarding ladder? Anyways, I hope everyone enjoys checking it out!

IMG_1904_zps13a8f856.jpg

IMG_1915_zpsb6c413dd.jpg

IMG_1919_zps359e45c0.jpg

IMG_1912_zps3e546870.jpg

IMG_1910_zpsf7ad9fb8.jpg

IMG_1907_zps9deed3d4.jpg

IMG_1906_zps141b33c7.jpg

IMG_1903_zpse4d36a06.jpg

IMG_1901_zps33bed0ab.jpg

IMG_1899_zps40a5e253.jpg

Always nice to see an NFWS Scooter though, I would like to mention something.

The "NJ613" you have placed on the vertical stabilizer identifies an aircraft from VF-126 and not from NFWS.

Does Two-Bobs mentions that you should place the specific decal on the vertical stabilizer in its leaflet?

Just my two-cents.

Keep up the good work!!!

"Break now!!!..Jester"....and man did you break....this one breaks the norm of the blah, blah, blah...FWS so so inspiring camou schemes, as Will Smith said in MIB I...you made this look good!!..great job in all phases.

Edited by #1 Greywolf

In regard to the NJ613 decal placement, I saw that wasnt on the ref photos, but its next to impossible to get a hold of these decals, and it was only sheer luck I came across someone nice enough to donate them so I thought it best to put them to use.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going to burst everyone's bubble here because clearly nobody who has commented has not seen the movie Top Gun.

I say this because otherwise you would know that it was actually Cdr Mike "Viper" Medcalf that flew the camo sky hawk and not "Jester".

Jester actually flew a very light grey version of the scooter. I suggest everyone break out your VHS, DVD or Blue Ray copy of Top Gun and do some swatting up before

posting stuff like this.