F/A-18E Super Hornet, fast what-if simple build

This was a fast build (two weeks) as a gift for my brother, he loves the Super Hornet but he wanted it to have some special markings from a F/A-18C, so since our planes will never leave our display and beeing a what-if lover I just went for it, and tried for the first time the salt weathering, here's the result!

Hope you guys like it.

DSC_3553_1_zps59z8sdsf.jpg

DSC_3554_1_zpstywagfbr.jpg

DSC_3541_1_zpsvrphy8qp.jpg

DSC_3546_1_zpsu00bkfxq.jpg

DSC_3540_1_zpslxi6gyhl.jpg

DSC_3561_2_zpsltu7gbkl.jpg

Hey Kike! From what I see here, I really don't know what tips I could offer you..... excellent build! I have one of these in my stash too. I like how your salt weathering came out. Hope my present F/A-18C build turns out as well as yours here! Good photography as well.

-Mark

Edited by taggor

Kiki,

Just an outstanding build, with one fantastic camo paint scheme. Love how you used the salt technique for weathering, as it came out looking incredibly realistic. And that's the whole point of a what if, as well as a replica build. It looks like the real deal.

Joel

Thanks guys!! I have to accept that it came out better than I thought It would be. Maybe without having the "pressure" of making a replica I was more confident or relaxed when it came to painting and weathering, I don't know, maybe I'll keep going the what-if way to have better results LOL!

This is the result of following your advice and copying your techniques and for that I Thank you all a lot!!