4 hours ago, Don said:

I hope someone is able to pick up the tooling from Revell so we are able to still buy their kits. It would be a shame to say the least to have their molds, especially their newer stuff, lost and forgotten. My opinion only of course, but the hobby needs a budget company like Revell to produced good kits at affordable prices for younger modelers or us old hats on a budget. I grabbed their 1/32 Me262 yesterday for $35 shipped! If you haven't seen the kit feast your eyes:

We would be hard pressed to get a kit in this scale of this quality for under $40 from the other manufacturers.

EDIT: Holy cow! I bought the Me262 off of Amazon yesterday and there were 10 in stock. I just checked the status of my order and its shipped already (yippee!) but there are now only 3 left in stock as of this edit! Its been a little over 12 hours since I placed my order! Seems the word is out and folks are buying up the Revell kits they want before they're gone. Get them while the getting is good fellas.

I bought one when they first hit the shelves. I was really surprised by the quality. Have the Trumpeter two seat kit and the single seater. Beats the Trumpy kit in everyway. I really, really want a single seater now! Only thing I didn't like was the incomplete decal sheet (no swastikas)

gary

40 minutes ago, ChesshireCat said:

I bought one when they first hit the shelves. I was really surprised by the quality. Have the Trumpeter two seat kit and the single seater. Beats the Trumpy kit in everyway. I really, really want a single seater now! Only thing I didn't like was the incomplete decal sheet (no swastikas)

gary

Glad to hear this Gary! I wanted one when it was released but never got around to it. But I have been picking up some of the Revell kits recently thinking that they will be hard to come by for at least a while. As far as the Swastika goes, yes it sucks that they are not included. They were a part of history and I personally don't like hiding history or revising it. But that's a topic for another day I suppose. Fortunately I have aftermarket decal Swastika sheets and stencils to choose from.

Regards,

Don

5 hours ago, Mr Matt Foley said:

Mail order or in store?  If mail order what was the shipping?

In store. Also, Spruebrothers has it back in stock for 23.99. It lacks a full engine like the Tamiya kit, but molding is very good, the way it is set up, they can easily do a later version, and for 20-30 bucks, I don't think you can go wrong

43 minutes ago, strikeeagle801 said:

In store. Also, Spruebrothers has it back in stock for 23.99. It lacks a full engine like the Tamiya kit, but molding is very good, the way it is set up, they can easily do a later version, and for 20-30 bucks, I don't think you can go wrong

Awesome..ordered it this afternoon from Sprue Bros and it's on the way. I haven't built a Prop in close to 20 years.

Edited by Mr Matt Foley

Just got a note from Free Time Hobbies saying they're accepting pre-orders for RoG's new 1/72 PT-109. Looks quite good! And here I have WEM's 37mm ATG and PE for the old kit. Oh well, that's the way it goes.

From the pictures, it doesn't look like there's a need to sand down the deck planking on the new kit.

20 minutes ago, dnl42 said:

Just got a note from Free Time Hobbies saying they're accepting pre-orders for RoG's new 1/72 PT-109. 

I saw that and was skeptical if it was really a “new tool” as I could not find any mention if the kit outside of Revell’s site and FTH. Looking forward to an in box review. 

Habu2,

It is a new kit.  See this review: http://www.ptboatforum.com/cgi-bin/MB2/netboardr.cgi?fid=102&cid=101&tid=4372&pg=1&sc=20&x=0 on the PT Boat Forum website.  The old kit didn't come with a 37 MM antitank gun like this one and it's molded with a split hull.  The old kit had a one piece hull (I built the old one a long time ago).

Tom

9 hours ago, strikeeagle801 said:

Just checked, already sold out again.  :(

19 hours ago, dnl42 said:

Just got a note from Free Time Hobbies saying they're accepting pre-orders for RoG's new 1/72 PT-109. Looks quite good! And here I have WEM's 37mm ATG and PE for the old kit. Oh well, that's the way it goes.

From the pictures, it doesn't look like there's a need to sand down the deck planking on the new kit.

I just snagged one this morning.  Not a bad deal for 20 bucks