CD48233 - 1/48 F-104 "Test & Drone Zippers"

Very nice Decals. Must get a copy too.

We just need a new NF-104 Conversion for the 1/48 Kinetic or Hasegawa Kit, as the Model Art or Cutting Edge sets are long OOP and rare to find or very expensive on "evilbay"😬

46 minutes ago, Seaknight said:

Very nice Decals. Must get a copy too.

We just need a new NF-104 Conversion for the 1/48 Kinetic or Hasegawa Kit, as the Model Art or Cutting Edge sets are long OOP and rare to find or very expensive on "evilbay"😬

Have you not read my earlier post? It's on the way!

🙂

11 hours ago, JeffreyK said:

Have you not read my earlier post? It's on the way!

🙂

Do you intend to also derive an « early » variant of the F-104A conversion with the downard firing seat and the very different canopy de-fogging pipes? Badly needed!

6 hours ago, The Arrowhead said:

Do you intend to also derive an « early » variant of the F-104A conversion with the downard firing seat and the very different canopy de-fogging pipes? Badly needed!

Already developed and tested and nearly ready to go. Comprises of C-1 seat (with belts, netting and hoses), aft cockpit bulkhead and rails, turtledeck front face, aft canopy support brace, early control stick/grip and a completely new de-mister tubing part. Plus all the other parts from my A (late) set.

The new de-mister tubing made it necessary to develop a new canopy as two of the large mounting recesses in the kit canopy would be unused and look very ugly. This has delayed the set considerably. I now have a first batch of clear cast canopies on the way to me so hopefully I can release the set by March.

More resin sets related to this fantastic decal sheet are in development as well 🙂

Jeffrey

18 hours ago, JeffreyK said:

Already developed and tested and nearly ready to go. Comprises of C-1 seat (with belts, netting and hoses), aft cockpit bulkhead and rails, turtledeck front face, aft canopy support brace, early control stick/grip and a completely new de-mister tubing part. Plus all the other parts from my A (late) set.

The new de-mister tubing made it necessary to develop a new canopy as two of the large mounting recesses in the kit canopy would be unused and look very ugly. This has delayed the set considerably. I now have a first batch of clear cast canopies on the way to me so hopefully I can release the set by March.

More resin sets related to this fantastic decal sheet are in development as well 🙂

Jeffrey

Great news! You’ve got me in for two sets!

• 1 month later...
Posted (edited)

Thanks for the huge interest in this sheet - sold a bunch in the first few hours.

I have already received several e-mails roasting me for erroneously calling these "NASA NF-104s", so no need to send me another one: put that keyboard away and enjoy the anticipation. 🙂 Thanks again!

Edited by KursadA
On 7/11/2023 at 10:01 AM, Dutch said:

Here she is again in color during the 1958 Edwards AFB Open House. She has the ARDC badge on the nose and the Edwards badge on the tail wedge.  The name "Slosher" is seen in white.  Again, notice the grills on the inside of the intakes. She had a pretty bad ground run accident later in 1958 and was rebuilt at Lockheed Palmdale.  My guess is that she received the "Slosher No. II" moniker after this photo and before the 1959 barrier accident noted above.

YF-104A_55-2971_ARDC_1958.JPG.8932c4ba78626c26ee06c4f938332f8e.JPG

Very interesting shot Dutch, one of the first I've seen that is a relatively good shot of the B-2, or C seat...

- Brayn

Edited by BWDenver

I've just dropped some information and a fair number of pictures on the F-104 seats into the 

Jet Modeling Archived Topics, under the title of Jet AC ejection seats

10 hours ago, BWDenver said:

I've just dropped some information and a fair number of pictures on the F-104 seats into the 

Jet Modeling Archived Topics, under the title of Jet AC ejection seats

LINK to make it easy to find.