Anyone willing to trade some detail landing gear work for a set of CE cans? Id even be willing to trade my good set....my eyes arent that great anymore, so anyone willing to, shoot me a pm.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Good day

I have a model B-1B 1\48 i want build b-1b 86-0129 (black_widow) can anybody help me i mean witch color of paint you used for cockpit revell or something else ?

P.S would be nice if someone write messege to me with this info

Edited by black_widow

Good day

I have a model B-1B 1\48 i want build b-1b 86-0129 (black_widow) can anybody help me i mean witch color of paint you used for cockpit revell or something else ?

P.S would be nice if someone write messege to me with this info

Hey black_widow, how is this project going?

Good day all

A little update

I have this dsc0106kqe.jpg and in real it's looking as this 00aqhe92.jpg

can anybody say to me how's made those pipelines as in those foto 100124startingassembly0.jpg are you using hairline wire or what ? and witch colors of paint you had to used

And enather question would be better make kit and use landing gear like this http://www.squadron.com/ItemDetails.asp?item=SV48072 or use set for landing gear from revell and don't buy anything. i asked becouse i live in Moscow and need wait so long time.

Edited by black_widow

Good day all

A little update

I have this dsc0106kqe.jpg and in real it's looking as this 00aqhe92.jpg

can anybody say to me how's made those pipelines as in those foto 100124startingassembly0.jpg are you using hairline wire or what ? and witch colors of paint you had to used

And enather question would be better make kit and use landing gear like this http://www.squadron.com/ItemDetails.asp?item=SV48072 or use set for landing gear from revell and don't buy anything. i asked becouse i live in Moscow and need wait so long time.

I say get the the landing gear from Scale A/C Conversions you will not regret it. This is a heavy model so the metal landing gear is great. I used them on my B-1B.

Good day all

Sorry that did't wrote here long time was buzy. A little update from my work mg1970.jpg.I'l be make pipelines,so need wire diameter 0.3mm and some 0.5mm, and i don't know exactly there it must go so if anybody did it i mean make pipelines with wire help plise show how's it looking. ;)

Edited by black_widow

Regarding the 1/48 bomb bays, this is what the TwoMikes February 2012 newsletter said:

"Now onto the B-1 bomb bays. Not good news I am afraid. I started them a while back, they stalled and in all honesty, I have really lost my drive to do them. They still reside on the bench though. Hopefully I will get the spark to take them up again soon."

Edited by t15dja
  • 4 weeks later...

Good day all

A little news from mine B-1B building. All those time i made nose gear some fixed some made again and now i have a little progress ))) mg2702.jpg as you can see i add some pipeline and will be continiume add this some if you have some fotos from nose gear plz post link here or this fotos here, criticism welcome too

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

I pulled this out of my stash earlier as I fancied a bit of kit bashing. I thought have a go at the intakes as Ishthe47guy has done on page 5.

Here's the slots, cut out with a P-cutter.

Intake.jpg

I then cut the strips to fit snugly in the slots...

Intake1.jpg

These will look a lot better once they're locked in place, but I need to smooth out the intakes first.

This is how it looks with the intake fitted. Lots of filler required I think??

intake2.jpg

Thanks for looking.

I'm looking for info on extending the exhaust end of the engine covers. Can someone please point me in the right direction...

Nige

Anybody still looking for a set of 1/48 CE cans? I have a set spare to my needs, pm me if you are interested!

I wouldn't mind a set, but I don't want to remortgage my house to buy them...

Nige

Nige, glad to see my idea worked for you.

Steve, PM sent about the CE nozzles.

Hi Steve,

Glad to see you're still keeping an eye on this thread. Is there a pic somewhere of your finished intakes. I've noticed this morning that the front of the splitters has a > shape to them. Did you do that on yours?

I'm still looking for details on extending the rear end of the engine covers?? I have the Daco book, but no drawings.

Regards

Nige

Just started a1/48 B-1B myself and i'm in the same boat as Nige with regards to extending the Nacelles. Any hints/tips/pictures?

Also, any tips about building a conventional weapons launcher? I plan to add some GBU-38's to my jet.

Thanks

Dave

Following many hours of filling and sanding on the intakes, I finally have a result.

Once I had it all blended, I noticed that revell got the intake shape wrong, so I've corrected it.

Intake4.jpg

You can see where i've cut the top corners open, bent them up and filled the gap with some 0.060" card.

Intake3.jpg

After another session of sanding and filling I have the correct shape I think? Now I need to apply some mr surfacer and sand down some more to get a good finish before adding these suckers into their covers. Please comment on what you see. I enjoy both positive and negative comments. Advice is welocome too!!

Thanks for looking

Nige