Been fooling around on this one since Nov 03. It has been an on and of job for me. But the end is nearing. I think around Nov 07 :thumbsup: at the pace I'm going right now.

A-102.jpg

I hope it will be worth it.

Thx for looking :worship:

Eric

I take it that's the Trumpeter kit??

I really like what you've done so far, looks like your "Taking my time" method is paying dividends.

The paint work and panel shading looks fab :unsure:

I have this kit in my stash, and your work is inspirational, many thanks for sharing.

regards,

Mike.

Edited by Mikeew

Very, very nice... What decals did you use for the Sharkmouth? Any problems getting them to conform to the curves - I'd like to see a closer view - with more of a frontal angle if you get one. Well done :thumbsup:

George

Thx you all.

It indeed is the trumpeter beast.

I used cutting edge decals. But they didn't went on as good as I hoped they would. I had a hell of a time getting the shark mouth right. The decals broke apart :bobby: so I placed them as good as I could. And used humbrol paint in an attempt to hide the cracks.

I will post some new pics in the coming days so you can see for yourself.

Have fun,

Eric

Eric,

I had the same problem with my Cutting Edge decals :bobby: I explain more on another thread (painted white / black - decal teeth) ended up using CAM decals for the teeth. What a pain...

George

Has been a few days. But I finaly got around taking some more pics. :cop:

DSCF0001.jpg

DSCF0002.jpg

DSCF0007.jpg

DSCF0006.jpg

DSCF0071.jpg

DSCF0070.jpg

DSCF0002.jpg

DSCF0063.jpg

Still got a lot of work to do. But I will finish it.....one fine day......I hope ;)

Hope you like 'm.

Have fun :o

Eric

Hi Eric.

This is undoubtly one of the best A-10. You did already an awesome job with the cockpit. And tha painting is very well done. :rolleyes: :lol:

I'm looking forwards to see the finished model, but remember. Don't rush

Regards and happy modelling

Henk :)

Very, very nice work :rolleyes: I'm really impressed how you got the decal to conform to the compound curves - I really didn't think it could be done...

Please don't take this as a criticism, I also used the upper indentation on the nose gear for the landing light and later realized it was too high - and changed it. The sway braces on the weapons pylons should be a dark metallic color - not quite so bright.

Really nice work - seriously.

George

74th TFS, 23rd TFW (1987 - 1990)