Huge gaps to fill in the wheel wells :D Putty? No good... Let's build a smarter solution :cheers:

Look at those ugly gaps :o

dscn0661modifi11ay.jpg

Another

dscn0662modifi16bq.jpg

Fixed :(

dscn0663modifi17nu.jpg

How? I rolled a strip of plastic into an appropriatly sized plastic container (pill box). threw it for 2 minutes into boiling water, cooled it under cold tap water, et voilà: a nice new wheel well.

dscn0665modifi19eh.jpg

Another

dscn0664modifi16ef.jpg

Easy once done :taunt:

Hi Pierre, I am following this build with great interest (just as I followed the F-4 build), some of your solutions to problems are ingenious, like the wheel well fix, now that you have shown the solution it seems so simple, yet many of us would not have thought of doing it like that.

Please keep the updates coming, I am presently doing some preliminary work on an Airfix (Italeri mould) 1/72 DC-3, and have picked up some great pointers from this build.

Nice reference pics Tomski! Now Pierre needs some wheel well pics to really challenge his ability! You are right about the brake line...very small diameter with only the last protion going into the nacelle being heavy black rubber for flexibility. I had a very close look at the Langley DC-3 just an hour ago and there is a lot of plumbing and structural goodies in there to keep Pierre going for a long time.... :thumbsup:

Barney

Pierre, do you need detail pictures of the engine?

I just found out that in the Dakota club where we ( the sabena modellersclub) are holding our meetings they have placed an engine in exhibition. next wednesday we are holding our next meeting and I will take my camera with me............

Bruno

very nice, as always.

i would have glued the riveted plastic sheet with the other side showing into the wheelbay. doing that, you would have rised rivets, as shown on the reference picture. however. it is looking very good and seems to come out really beautifull. one thing i really like are the drilled tows.

your work is really impressive. especially how you did modell the rudder.

cheers klaus

Today I received the heart of my DC-3 modelling project :)

All engines off

dscn0679modifi12wg.jpg

No 1 starts: a couple of slow rotations of the prop, then the engine springs to life...

dscn0680modifi19xp.jpg

No 2 starts. Both engine idle, then run up, nav and taxi light swith on, engines idle and light go off and engines shut down individually

dscn0684modifi10kg.jpg

All with an original PW sound :blink:

Modelling is just great.

Edited by Scalephantomphixer

We should have seen it coming!

Back in the deep recesses of every modeller's conciousness is the perfect model we all want , one day, to build, then Pierre comes out and build it with even more details and working functions then we were dreaming of. And of course he takes pictures and post them to humiliate us all.Thanks a lot for bursting our collective bubble pal ;-)

No kidding Pierre, tu es le MAÃŽTRE. :blink:

Louis