What did you see today?

Went on our monthly neighborhood flyout today. We flew to the Old Kingsbury Aerodrome fly-in. First time I'd been. Very fun, and MANY MANY neat old planes! I got a ride, did some loops, and got stick time in one of their 1940 Meyers OTW's. Almost all of their aircraft fly, but many of them weren't prepared because of engine changes or general inspection. Still very cool! I'll have video soon, but for now here are some pics.

SLICK

MH122453.jpg

MH122457.jpg

MH122468.jpg

MH122476.jpg

MH122499.jpg

MH122507.jpg

P1000866.jpg

MH122544.jpg

MH122552.jpg

A Harvard flying about, then I saw a LANCASTER during engine start ups blow an oil line, quick repair then restart of the rest of the engines. Nice and LOUD!!!! :whistle:

Had a doctor's appointment up at Stanford University today, and on the way back, just south of Gilroy, CA, a little glint of sunlight off of something in the air caught my eye. I looked out the windshield and couldn't figure out what it was. It came closer and closer, flew right over the car (at no more than maybe 500 ft. or so :cheers:), and it was none other than "Sentimental Journey" the B-17 that made an apperance here locally 2 weeks ago. So cool! Made the trip worthwhile :cheers:!

The Marine Corps unknowingly gave me a very nice birthday present today. An F/A-18C (BuNo 164889) from VMFA-312 landed at Little Rock National for lunch. I was fortunate enough to be able to shoot this jet as it departed rwy 22R.

p935871677-4.jpg

A B-1 was doing touch and goes today. :thumbsup: Also drove by the flightline and saw a Travis C-17 and a weird KC-135 with "AFMC" on it and some black lumps and bumps on the fuselage.

Daniel

Edited by Super Hornet 88

In one of those "right place, right time" situations, I drove my boys by the Addison Airport on our way home from dropping my wife off after lunch. There on the taxiway was the Cavanaugh Musuem's TBM Avenger on the taxiway. So, I parked the car, got the kids out of their carseats, and we watched the Avenger take off with a small group of people who had gathered. As they took off (there was at least one passenger in the Avenger), the pilot waggled the wings and then flew off to the east.

Then we drove around the airport and saw the Museum's FM-2 Wildcat sitting over where they park the planes before and after flights - I wonder if the Wildcat is getting some flight time too?

Did some touch-and-go's at an Army air field (KGRK) today. Was expecting to see a bunch of helicopters, but for some reason, there weren't any on the tarmac.

However, I did see these shiny new AF birds from Langley...

KGRK_f22s.jpg

KGRK_f22s2.jpg

Edited by kc135_flyer

5!!! Count em'. Five CH-146 Griffens flying in formation past the CN Tower over downtown Toronto.

Thats like dang near most of the remaining FLEET!!

Did some touch-and-go's at an Army air field (KGRK) today. Was expecting to see a bunch of helicopters, but for some reason, there weren't any on the tarmac.

However, I did see these shiny new AF birds from Langley...

My dad works in the hangars right nest to the F/A-22's that were out at KGRK. He told me about them being there and I really wanted to leave school to come and see. THANKS FOR TAKING THE PICTURES kc135_flyer!!!

Anyway, I went to the local IAC get together and saw a lot of Decathlon's and Citabria's, Giles 202, Pitts S-1S, and the Red Christian Eagle from an earlier post in this thread.

SLICK

I was excited yesterday, while out shopping in the western suburbs of Chicago a USN T-45A Goshawk flew over westbound at about 200kts and about 3000' from Midway Airport. It got my attention! I know it ain't much, but we don't get the transient traffic we used to after NAS Glenview was killed years ago.

Jeff

On Friday I was heading east along Highway 401 near Napanee when I saw a pair of CF-18s flying fairly low westboud, probably going to land at CFB Trenton. No pictures, I'm afraid, since I was driving. :-)

Cheers,

Scott

A C-5 came in and flew around.

*Edit- a KC-135 is doing touch n' goes right now.

Ah!! I was wondering if you saw that monster. It flew right over my house. You can't really miss a C-5, can you?

I didn't see (or hear) the -135, though :D.

Edited by TomcatFanatic123

Nice blue Bell 430 :)

An EC-135; D-HRHM call-sign "Christoph 8" for a transport from Schwelm Helios Hospital to somewhere else... maybe Bochum (BMH)

Landing

sl554758bb8.jpg

Departure

sl554812kg6.jpg

Cya

Edited by Medevac71