Well the devil won out and I took the plunge. NOw mind you I have NOTHING else for this kit including, well the kit. Zacto your conversion drove me to it. Now for a BIG dio with my Silverkite 211 F-4 and Argo A-7. Thanks Chris for making me spend even more $$$$$

Jim

Da' check is in da mail! Well, the money order at least.

Next big project idea for you Chris,

Make us a resin small mouth intake and exhaust for the 1/32 Tamiya F-16 for us guys wanting to build a Block 52 without having to buy a Thunderbird kit and part it out or chase the elusive parts trees around the world.

hey Zacto......we've all been good..mostly, any chance those parts are shipping soon? :thumbsup:

not trying to rush you, just kinda curious as to target ship time. We may move soon, i hate to think i'd miss it in the mail, and have to hunt down the mail man.....and attack him!!!

Bill

hey Zacto......we've all been good..mostly, any chance those parts are shipping soon?...
:doh:

Disaster turns to Catastrophic Implosion!!! :deadhorse1:

The photo-etch vendor told me today that he couldn't do my mirrors...The parts are too small and intricate for him as he normally specializes in larger, simpler "chemical etching" rather than "chemical milling".

It's small and intricate, but in model-making terms it's large (1/32) and relatively simple compared to much of the aftermarket stuff out there...

I need to find a photo-etch vendor ASAP that can do them right away.

Recommendations Please!!!!!!

At least this vendor didn't require 50% up front and is not only not only not charging me for his time, but was very apologetic that he couldn't do the job AND is sending the films that he had made! I can then send the films to whichever new vendor I find and hopefully get the job done quicker!

I'm am now kicking myself for taking pre-orders...

:soapbox:

I will be e-mailing all of you that placed pre-orders and offer:

A- Full refund.

B- Keep pre-order status- Ship the kit when it is ready...

C- Ship the kit as it is now for those who want to start the build immediately. Mail the photo-etch when it's ready.

I will continue to accept pre-orders in the mean time. I'm sure there's a vendor out there who can get the job done...

I'm continuing to cast parts. Hopefully I'll have enough to fill all the current pre-orders soon...

Su-27 parts are still in production and most orders have already been shipped...

I added links to the instruction sheets on my web site. Comments and recommendations are always welcome!

A-7 instructions pg 1

A-7 instructions pg 2 (almost finished)

A-7 seamless intake instructions

If all else fails, the diner next door is always looking for employees and I can flip a mean burger...

:whistle:

Edited by Zactoman
I added links to the instruction sheets on my web site. Comments and recommendations are always welcome!

A-7 instructions pg 1

If all else fails, the diner next door is always looking for employees and I can flip a mean burger...

;)

Lookin' great, Chris! Like many others, your correction is the reason I am getting the kit. Trumpeter and Aires should be giving you a kickback for upping their sales.

-Mike

Lookin' great, Chris! Like many others, your correction is the reason I am getting the kit. Trumpeter and Aires should be giving you a kickback for upping their sales.

-Mike

Thanks Mike!

Big thanks to Zactowoman for her help with the instructions! ;)

Chris

Why sweat the mirrors???? I'm sure all of us that will plop down this kinda cash on a set are going to get the Eduard PE anyway and they have mirrors on thier set so whats the big deal?? Besides mirrors arent' that hard to scratch build if the need arises

Jim

Chris

Why sweat the mirrors???? I'm sure all of us that will plop down this kinda cash on a set are going to get the Eduard PE anyway and they have mirrors on thier set so whats the big deal?? Besides mirrors arent' that hard to scratch build if the need arises

Jim

I agree, does it matter if they are not included? If someone is going to do the small amount of surgery required they should be able to make mirrors also? I dont mind not having them.

James

Chris,

Ok, I don't know if you have anything special planned for the P/E, but if the P/E you have planned is just a set of mirrors and a handle for the inside of the canopy, there are plenty of those floating around from other sources. Now if you have some whizz-bang stuff planned you're not telling us about, that isn't redundantly produced, ok I can see waiting on it. The corrections you have already produced are great, maybe drop the price $5 and ship 'em. If the P/E is redundant don't let it hold you up.

You could release it later, make it optional, or just eliminate it all together.

I guess what I'm saying is, ( pardon the pun ) don't sweat the small stuff.

Expat out

i'm with the rest of the gang here, just ship what cha got....it looks great!!! if it's just mirrors, fuuuugetaboutit. at that scale, i think photoetch is usually too thin anyway. like they said thou, if the P.E. is some incredible surprise that will make even my all thumbs build look like a million bucks.......just catch me on the flip side and mail it separate when its done. besides, according to the instructions....i have about 3 months of putty and sanding in the intake before i can worry about some silly photoetch stuff.

sum it up....."we don't need no stinkin photo etch stuff" at least not yet.

Bill

In Thrust we trust :salute:

Hey Chris,

No worries.

I can wait for the photoetch but would like to get the sets when they are ready so I can get going.

What ever you decide willl be fine. :banana:

I await patiently

Thanks for the honesty and update.

Andy

Toronto

Hey Chris,

Yep, I say release the set without the photoetch if there are no extremely important parts in there. You could always offer the PE set later separately if so. Otherwise, I'd be ok to wait. Still gonna get the sets from ya either way. :D

Just my 2 cents,

Robert in TN

Edited by ramcdaniel1

What!! No mirrors! You scam artest!!! I cannot believe you would do this to everyone in the hobby!! Bait and Switch at it's best!! :thumbsup:

No mirrors=no problem for me. Don't sweat it man, I'm not after mirrors, just the corrected intake and canopy.

I'd say just ship what you have now, and send me the mirrors when and if you decide that you need to really make them.

Chris

Why???

I don't want to buy the Eduard set and I don't feel confident in my abilities to scratchbuild my own mirrors...

:)

I just want to provide a "complete" kit...I don't want my customers to have to buy detail sets for my detail set...

Myself, I am using the Aires cockpit which comes with mirrors (and a resin frame). My mirrors and handles are a bit different (more accurate by my eye!). I don't plan to buy the Eduard set (unless it has something really good that I don't know about.)

I'm not sure what comes in the Black-box (Avionix?) set. Does it include any canopy framing or mirrors?

Either way, I'm going to be doing the mirrors.

A- Full refund.

C- Ship the kit as it is now for those who want to start the build immediately. Mail the photo-etch when it's ready.

E-mails sent.

Though I decided to only offer A or C to avoid cofusion a few want option B, so for the most part I'm sending them all out right away...At least as many as I can. I got more pre-orders than I have resin parts made for or vacuumformed canopies...Mr. Tigger, e-mail inbound!!!!

I'll start shipping boxes on Monday!

Thanks for all the support! :thumbsup:

Edit: BTW, Page 2 of the A-7 instructions is now finished and the link has been updated.

Edited by Zactoman

hey Zacto, thanks for listening and giving the people what they want. you are a good man!

if i didn't e-mail you direct, but went thru your website and placed the pre-order there, will i be included in the mail-out list? i guess i should have sent you an e-mail, i didn't know that, along with a money order, was an option.

hopefully, i'll be getting mine along with the rest of you guys.....then :thumbsup: :blink: :yahoo::doh:

sorry.....i mean i'll be pleased.

:doh:

Disaster turns to Catastrophic Implosion!!! :blink:

The photo-etch vendor told me today that he couldn't do my mirrors...The parts are too small and intricate for him as he normally specializes in larger, simpler "chemical etching" rather than "chemical milling".

It's small and intricate, but in model-making terms it's large (1/32) and relatively simple compared to much of the aftermarket stuff out there...

I need to find a photo-etch vendor ASAP that can do them right away.

Recommendations Please!!!!!!

At least this vendor didn't require 50% up front and is not only not only not charging me for his time, but was very apologetic that he couldn't do the job AND is sending the films that he had made! I can then send the films to whichever new vendor I find and hopefully get the job done quicker!

I'm am now kicking myself for taking pre-orders...

:stupid:

A- Full refund.

I will continue to accept pre-orders in the mean time. I'm sure there's a vendor out there who can get the job done...

I'm continuing to cast parts. Hopefully I'll have enough to fill all the current pre-orders soon...

Su-27 parts are still in production and most orders have already been shipped...

A-7 instructions pg 1

:cheers:

Chris,

E-mail inbound.

I choose option C. I understand vendor issues working at Boeing. Besides the Corsair is a ways off from being started so the delay on the PE isn't a big deal. I wish I had a line onn a PE supplier....the only one I can think of is Mad Pierre our scalephantomfixer.

Thanks for keeping us informed. That's the quality of a great vendor :P

Jeff

Chris ,

E-mail inbound , I ordered the double kit, and payed via Paypal. Hope you find someone soon to do the P/E. What you have so far is beautiful work!

BTW I choose option C ( when in doubt, "Charlie" out )

J.D.--- expatriate82@yahoo.com