MiG-21 bis nose in 48 scale

Hello mates! This is my take at correcting the shape of the nose of the MiG-21 bis kit by Eduard. It enables you also to extend the nose cone as seen on many museum aircraft. The shape of the AoA fairing is corrected also. It will be available soon and I hope it will help building more MiG-21 bis models.

nose9_zps24ca79f8.jpg

nose8_zps4038f25e.jpg

nose7_zps29edee5e.jpg

nose6_zpsb126bbad.jpg

nose5_zps2b767218.jpg

nose4_zps9d1eb1c9.jpg

nose3_zps9f9d65e1.jpg

nose2_zps9e42eaae.jpg

nose1_zpsdc89ce85.jpg

PLEASE give us details on how to buy!! I'm in for about four of them!

I've been begging several aftermarket manufacturers to do this since the kit came out!!!!

Bravo!

J

Thanks! I have to draw the instructions and will inform you when I am ready. I am planning to do a small website for my products, but before that you can just PM me.

That looks great, especially with the cone extended! I've always liked it that way.

I know it's probably been dealt before, but I can't recall what was wrong with Eduard's bis nose? A link to a conversation would be just fine. TIA.

I know it's probably been dealt before, but I can't recall what was wrong with Eduard's bis nose? A link to a conversation would be just fine. TIA.

The pre-bis MiG-21 nose is to the Su-9 nose what the bis nose is to the Su-11 nose. Tubular.

Caricatural drawing to explain...

3rdgennosevs4thgennosep.jpg

The real stuff: http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?showtopic=193498&view=findpost&p=2292957

The pre-bis MiG-21 nose is to the Su-9 nose what the bis nose is to the Su-11 nose. Tubular.

Caricatural drawing to explain...

3rdgennosevs4thgennosep.jpg

The real stuff: http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?showtopic=193498&view=findpost&p=2292957

That pretty much nails it; also there are a few photos around the 'net that give an idea.

'Generic' MiG-21

Finnish MiG-21Bis

The front edge of the Bis version looks as though it is slightly contracted (for want of a better term).

I never realized this, I will never look at a mig-21 the same way again!

thanks for the correction it looks like it will make a huge difference.

Eduard totally alienated me with the whole bunny thing. Way to insult your customer base and make yourselves look like pompous arrogant asses in the process.

Eduard totally alienated me with the whole bunny thing. Way to insult your customer base and make yourselves look like pompous arrogant asses in the process.

I don't disagree but its now water under the bridge for me.

Which reminds me, time to do another Eduard mig-21 as they aee fun kits.

Edited by toadwbg