Hobby Boss 1:48 Flanker Sprue Shots

great!

Instrument panels are very sharp!

but exhausts are not that great..

hobbyBoss tooling team should take a close look at how Kinetic's Sea Flanker nozzles are engineered...

now, bring the Su-27S please! cos i've got nothing to du with the J-11 nor the twinseater...

hobbyBoss tooling team should take a close look at how Kinetic's Sea Flanker nozzles are engineered...

My thoughts exactly. The instrument panel sure looks crisp, but for this day and age - not to mention the large scale - the exhaust nozzle detail looks very soft.

So, these are sprues of a Chinese two-seater, rather than the UB. This is not a J-11B then, but J-11BS according to the wiki (as J-11B is the upgraded J-11 which is a single-seater).

Too bad they didn't fix the canopy in the meantime (since the UB shots were psoted months ago) which is much too narrow to be ignored.

Edited by ijozic

So, these are sprues of a Chinese two-seater, rather than the UB. This is not a J-11B then, but J-11BS according to the wiki (as J-11B is the upgraded J-11 which is a single-seater).

Too bad they didn't fix the canopy in the meantime (since the UB shots were psoted months ago) which is much too narrow to be ignored.

HB lists the 2 seaters as the UB and MKK, FWIW. As I said, I know what's in the J-11B kit - I have one.

Looking again, I think we've got a mix of sprues. Su-30MKK would have the offset IRST and the refueling probe "slot" - not on these sprues. Panels for the J-11B ( glass ) and the Su-27 are in the J-11B kit, and the front and rear panels are also shown - correctly ??. Only Chinese missiles / rails / pylons are shown.

I assume that the "hump" is identical for both the UB and the MKK ? I can't imagine HB molding 2 diff. types.

You've probably seen this thread at BM - has another pile of test shot sprues showing some Russian / USSR missiles / rails / racks. We'll see if HB's designations fit the plastic as they are released.

BM HB Flanker thread

Edited by falcon04

I have to have the UB or the MKK! With that, my entire stash will be: (1) HB F-14D, (2) Tanmodel Rf-84 and (3) this HB two-seater Flanker (I have the Eduard UB, but I will probably just keep the resin/PE from that). I will be set for a few years. Can't wait!

HB lists the 2 seaters as the UB and MKK, FWIW. As I said, I know what's in the J-11B kit - I have one.

Sorry, jumped to the conclusion (mat) seeing the label on the linked page (as it says J-11B sprues) and the photos which show the twin-seater fuselage, dual cockpit and canopy, plus the Chinese missiles. Deranged as I am, I forgot that there was no J-11BS announced, unlike the UB and MKK.

Don't see the vertical tails on the photos, but given the cockpit panel with MFD's included, the sprues could be of the Su-30MKK?

Edited by ijozic

They should also take a close look at the orientation of the main gear wells and doors on a real Flanker.

Sorry, jumped to the conclusion (mat) seeing the label on the linked page (as it says J-11B sprues) and the photos which show the twin-seater fuselage, dual cockpit and canopy, plus the Chinese missiles. Deranged as I am, I forgot that there was no J-11BS announced, unlike the UB and MKK.

Don't see the vertical tails on the photos, but given the cockpit panel with MFD's included, the sprues could be of the Su-30MKK?

No problem :thumbsup:

Or the J-16 w. WS-10A engines ( SU-30MKK clone )- optional tailpipes already present in J-11B kit. Scroll down in the BM thread and you'll see the catalog pic of that version. I'm sure they will supply a sprue for the MKK and J-16 with the tall tails and Sorbtsiya wingtip pods.

I also suspect a slew of dedicated resin ( and some resin Chinese rails and pylons for that Su-33 to J-15 conversion )

The HB 1/48 scale J-11B and two-seater - look like scaled-up versions of the Trumpeter 1/72 scale Flankers - complete with angled mainwheel bays.

If that's the case - and HB release all of the versions that Trumpeter have kitted - you will get....

J-11B

Su-30MKK

Su-27UB

Su-27 (Early)

Su-27

.... and maybe (its a completely new mould and differs from the above)....

J-15

Ken

If they haven't fixed the nose/canopy on the single seater then it will simply look wrong canopy down.

Most of the shots I have seen it looks like the 72nd kit ie front end looks weird.

Might be ok canopy up to break the look of the wrong lines from the overblown canopy and the nose issue.

Still the best Flanker we have is the Kinetic Su-33 then the 32nd kit combined with the nose canopy replacement by Chris.

Edited by dehowie

The HB 1/48 scale J-11B and two-seater - look like scaled-up versions of the Trumpeter 1/72 scale Flankers - complete with angled mainwheel bays.

If that's the case - and HB release all of the versions that Trumpeter have kitted - you will get....

J-11B

Su-30MKK

Su-27UB

Su-27 (Early)

Su-27

.... and maybe (its a completely new mould and differs from the above)....

J-15

Ken

Ken;

"What thuh hayull is thayut ???" Image of one of the sprues - vertical stab protrusion - on the BM site.

???