Hello Gents!

..At the prompting (see also nagging) of a fellow ARC'er, I thought I'd show you where I am (or am not :( ) on my 1/16th scale AT-38..

I fully intend to finish this before I retire; however, this thread won't go much past these pictures for a long time....

The aft fuselage is about done. Here is the forward fuselage, wing blanks, and a few vac'd canopy parts

100_5003.jpg

To get a sense of the scale, here it is next to my Tamiya 32nd scale Viper..also in progress..

100_5002.jpg

100_4999.jpg

100_4998.jpg

100_4997.jpg

100_5000.jpg

Here's what it should look like in a few years(Suu-20 vs. travel pod)..Mark Carlisle photo:

0303756.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Pig

Edited by Pete "Pig" Fleischmann

If it were the Academy kit - you'd be in trouble.. :lol:

That's just amazing. I sure hope you finish it. I don't mind scratchbuilidng "leetle" things - but I can't even begin to understand the dedication,concentration, and modeling skill that something like what you have there (already) would take.

That is truely an amazing model :cheers::worship:

:cheers:

Frank

If it were the Academy kit - you'd be in trouble.. :D

That's just amazing. I sure hope you finish it. I don't mind scratchbuilidng "leetle" things - but I can't even begin to understand the dedication,concentration, and modeling skill that something like what you have there (already) would take.

That is truely an amazing model :shoot::cheers:

;)

Frank

Hey Frank!

You know..I started this project a few years ago (before I knew any better). The problem with an undertaking like this isn't the work..it's really not hard-just time consuming-the issue is my modeling skills have matured somewhat since I started it-so unless I tear down the whole thing and start over, the front half should look better than the back half :lol: Oh well..

Regards,

Pig

Hey Pig,

So your the guy building that 1/16 T-38. That is so cool :) I see these suckers flying all over here at BealeAFB. Although, their not in they cool white scheme with yellow fuselage/tail band but they are still very cool looking Jets. I hope you will finish it soon. I like to see it complete ya hear :wacko: :doh:

Mike

Damnit Pete! :doh: You're supposed to be working on the Tamiya F-14 so that I can emulate that build for my new project. My DACO books have just arrived in the mail! That is an ambitious project for any modeller in that scale, I can only begin to imagine the challenges. Looks like you have it well in hand though. I'll be following this build as well as the triple build. :woot.gif:

Ben

• 1 year later...

Dudes-

Haven't visited this thread for a while...I'm surprised the images are still here!

After passing out upon seeing Timmy's incredible OV-10; I got a blast of inspiration to work on this again. This really is the model I want to finish more than any other (The release of the Tamiya Vipers got in my way, however!)

So, once the block 60 Viper is D-O-N-E, I'm clearing the bench and just finishing it. I bet it'll take at least a year. Whatcha' think?

Regards,

Pig

Dudes-

Haven't visited this thread for a while...I'm surprised the images are still here!

After passing out upon seeing Timmy's incredible OV-10; I got a blast of inspiration to work on this again. This really is the model I want to finish more than any other (The release of the Tamiya Vipers got in my way, however!)

So, once the Polish Viper is D-O-N-E, I'm leaning toward clearing the bench and just finishing it. I bet it'll take at least a year. Whatcha' think? yes or no? Do it or set it aside and model from the stash?

Regards,

Pig

Yes!!!!! Do IT!!!!!

....my modeling skills have matured somewhat since I started it-so unless I tear down the whole thing and start over, the front half should look better than the back half...

Ummm yeah right Pete. I saw this several years ago when you still lived here in Rochester. Your skills were pretty darn good then too. There's nothing "wrong" with that aft section, and it'll look just as good as the schnoz. Go ahead. I dare you to finish it. You know you want to...

Cheers

Mike

Do you Double-Dog dare me!?

Double Dog dare you AND make you pinky-swear. (learned that one from Maggie's 14 year old)

Seriously Pete. As first rate as your kit builds are, I think this is THE build that would be your modeling benchmark for a long time to come... or until you scratchbuild a 16th scale Viper. :thumbsup:

I say Go For It.

Cheers

Mike

Triple-dog dare ya! That's pretty dang impressive Pete- what in the world possessed you to go jumping off this cliff? :rolleyes:

Oh, I dunno- I flew this thing; and my wife flew the T-38 as an IP...so we've got a lot of history with this jet. I think it's one of the best looking jets ever.

All that and I'm an idiot..

Cheers!

Pig

P.S. Would you believe this project started almost 20 years ago!? That's when I had the drawings scaled-up, and then I sat on them for another 10 years, until I grew a pair big enough to even attempt it. I started cutting plastic back in 1998, I think-

Time to get 'er done!

• 1 year later...

Hey Guys,

I'm ramping up to start working on this again. When the block 60 is done, this is next, and I'll work until it's done. Lucky for me, I've gotten to know Timmy! I'm sure you all remember his incredible scratch built OV-10. I asked him for help with the cockpit artwork,placards, and markings and he jumped right in and blew me away! Here is a look at his handiwork:

Insignia

instrument panel construction

instrument panel

The artwork will be used to make decals for each individual switch panel, instrument, etc..Timmy is leading me by the nose on the process, and every time I speak with him I get a little smarter.

I am so psyched to be back on track with this, and I couldn't do it without the outstanding help, advice, tutoring, and mentoring from Timmy-

Look for more very soon-

Regards,

Pig

Wow Pete! That is a real monster! I think it's a nice scale for detailing but such monsters need a great deal of space to be displayed, unless they are hanged on the ceiling. :blink:

Good luck with your mammoth project!

Alexander.

:woot.gif:

Finally! Glad to hear this Pete. I've been hoping you'd restart this ever since I saw what you had done on this when you still lived here in Rochester 4 years ago. This will be without a doubt, THE thread to watch in the coming months. I am marking it as a favorite right now.

Cheers

Mike

Finally! Glad to hear this Pete. I've been hoping you'd restart this ever since I saw what you had done on this when you still lived here in Rochester 4 years ago. This will be without a doubt, THE thread to watch in the coming months. I am marking it as a favorite right now.

Cheers

Mike

Well, better late than never! I think you've already got the thread that everyone is watching-Love the Ford!!

regards.

Pig