F-14 Tomcat Parking Only

yes that jet any body hear have any actuall photos of it??

OK finally found ONE, not the greatest for details but it's a real photo of the actual jet:

2164603x.jpg

Man, you'd think there'd be just a ton of pictures of this one out there...try finding one!

EDIT/ADD: Photo Copyright David F. Brown

John

Edited by John Krukowski
It's OK, I'm done posting photos here, other than my own.

I'm sorry for any and all encroachments.

Thanks anyway, Brian.

John

No worries. We all make mistakes every once in a while, it's part of being human. Lord knows I've made my fair share.

I'm hoping someone can inform me as to what sort of stencils BULLET 201 would be carrying on the stabilators - plain old NO STEP or the combined ones with a big NO and smaller STEP and LIFT? And how many? I have the 1:32 hi-viz data sheet from CAM but I don't trust it.

I never noticed black paint on the TCS pod before on VF-2's planes... I learn something new every day.

Thanks to all of you contributors who make this thread rule!

scan0006-1.jpg
It's OK, I'm done posting photos here, other than my own.

I'm sorry for any and all encroachments.

Thanks anyway, Brian.

John

It only becomes a big deal with me when I see my images in print and the caption reads "From the Collection of..." Or worse, someone else takes credit and the $$ for the image. I am trying to earn a living from aviation photography. Believe me, it's not easy.

Edited by Sig Saur & Son
It only becomes a big deal with me when I see my images in print and the caption reads "From the Collection of..." Or worse, someone else takes credit and the $$ for the image. I am trying to earn a living from aviation photography. Believe me, it's not easy.

Understood.

John

yes that jet any body hear have any actuall photos of it??

Hard to find because that paint scheme was very, very short lived...as in maybe a month? Most of the aircrew hated it since it looked like a character from the movie "the lion king" and the rest of the airwing was sure to point it out.

HTH

Spongebob

Edited by Spongebob
Hard to find because that paint scheme was very, very short lived...as in maybe a month? Most of the aircrew hated it since it looked like a character from the movie "the lion king" and the rest of the airwing was sure to point it out.

HTH

Spongebob

That Lion didn't look as good as the art from "The Lion King" ... :woot.gif:

Gregg

That picture of yours that I posted here, I tried finding it again to see if you were credited for it (credited where I found it, I mean) but after an extensive search I've yet to see it again. When searching originally on Google Images I tried combinations of descriptive text that got progressively stranger and nonsensical and that's when I hit it, but now I can't remember how I got there. Doesn't matter, I still shouldn't have hotlinked it, and for that I'm sorry.

John

____

Found the "rat's head" F-14 on video, toward the end of this one:

Edited by John Krukowski
  • 2 months later...