Intruder/Prowler pics

The way it works is, if the switch is armed, weight is on wheels, throttles are idle, and the control stick within 1" of center, they pop up to 51 degrees (if I remember NATOPS right).

Close, but don't forget that the wings must also be spread and locked ;) and it's 41 degrees for pops, 51 degrees max.

I have my NATOPS check this week or next...I've been studying.

Close, but don't forget that the wings must also be spread and locked :soapbox: and it's 41 degrees for pops, 51 degrees max.

I have my NATOPS check this week or next...I've been studying.

Nicely done.

I've clearly not been in NATOPS qual for some time... not only the degrees question, but the fact that i know presume "wings spread and locked" is a given for the pops!

Thank you for sparing me the inevitable embarrassment of such a RASH presumption!!! :thumbsup:

Nicely done.

I've clearly not been in NATOPS qual for some time... not only the degrees question, but the fact that i know presume "wings spread and locked" is a given for the pops!

Thank you for sparing me the inevitable embarrassment of such a RASH presumption!!! :bandhead2:

Anytime! HAHA. I used to think that presumption was dumb too, because I always think of the pops when we use them (i.e. landing) so naturally the wings would be spread and locked...no brainer. Then I remembered we occasionally fold the wings and taxi...

Anytime! HAHA. I used to think that presumption was dumb too, because I always think of the pops when we use them (i.e. landing) so naturally the wings would be spread and locked...no brainer. Then I remembered we occasionally fold the wings and taxi...

But here's where common sense comes in - if the wings are folded and you're taxiing, do you NEED the pops?

Once I get up there, we're gonna have some good times chatting round a bar table at OHT or Deception Pass Saloon (if it's still open).

But here's where common sense comes in - if the wings are folded and you're taxiing, do you NEED the pops?

Once I get up there, we're gonna have some good times chatting round a bar table at OHT or Deception Pass Saloon (if it's still open).

Yes, they are still open. I'll be looking forward to it.

I'm surprised no one has posted any photos of this KA-6D. From July 1991. Now there's a diorama for the hard core builders! Not me though!!

A6_Landing_LT_Gallagher_1.jpg

I suppose most of you have read the story but if not here's the link. Lot's of actual audio and video of the incident/landing.

http://www.gallagher.com/ejection_seat/index.htm

Mark

I actually did make a diorama of it and gave it to Keith as a "thank you" for coming to our IPMS meeting and sharing his story. He's a really nice guy, so it was a pleasure to do.

• 2 weeks later...
This Prowler showed up at Republic Airport, Long Island tonight. She's in town so some of the local Grumman workers can get an up close look at one of their products. Was supposed to be a flight of two, but one broke enroute.

BuNo 163887 CVW-9 / VAQ-138 CAG aircraft

208903897-L.jpg

208904355-L.jpg

208904513-L.jpg

208904702-L.jpg

208904946-L.jpg

STUNNING PHOTOS...Eddie..I like this batch because they look so COOL!

HOLMES.... :thumbsup:

If anyone's got the latest issue of Hook, check out the update from VAQ-137 with their WWII-style nose art.

My old squadron you know :rolleyes:

'Cause, you know, electronic attack was around back in WWII...

:rolleyes:

Hoops

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...