F 18 C at 1/48..close of the end....!

This thread I'm gonna pin! It's coming along really fine, Patrick! I can recognize myself in the engine compartment from work (aircraft technician on the Swedish AF Gripen fighter). I'd like to see some more pics of how you solved the intake trunking as well, it looked promising! :rofl:

Keep'em coming!

many thanks to you guys, for the accuracyr of the details....as said beforde it's 50/50.....that's my first try to such on an engine....!

for the air intake well it comes very well, giving lots of work.......ther's something funny here about those intakes; normally when i've got another kit with classic air intakes in two parts i hate making them and sanding...now it took me hours to make one......because there are none in the kit !!!! :taunt:

Pat

• 3 weeks later...

many thanks for all your comments !

well, project is going slowly, that's the worst part for me...fitting...putty...sanding....re.....and after rescribing !

here a pic of the front panel for a test shot...and the bird with a coat of surfacer...spying for all scratches and problems....!

Pat

atsmal10.jpg

aasmal10.jpg

azsmal10.jpg

thanks to all !

for the display, it will be displayed over a mirror, i've got an idea for that...must cut a mirror in s special shape and make 3 holes in it, so i can add 3 alumnium tube to get right under the wheels....the only problem is to give some angle at the mirror ( like the guys make to show the underside of a Nascar car) to show most of the under part......!

Pat