South Dakota ANG viper

Here are some pictures I took using my new photo booth.

It's Hasegawa's 1/48 F-16CJ kit built as a block 30A with custom gear bay, nose radome and RWR antennas. I used parts from BB pits and Shawn Hulls PIDS, ALE-50, Burner can, and ALQ-184 pod. Wheels and Litening pod are from Dr. Pepper. - almost forgot - Steal Beaches intake cover!

Decals are the Fox One "Vipers at War". Hasegawa weapons w/ scratch build 'winder covers.

speedy7.jpg

speedy4.jpg

speedyhead.jpg

speedy2.jpg

One of the nose art

speedy1.jpg

and a couple of the tail

speedy8.jpg

speedyscan.jpg

Edited by longmc
That jet looks veeeerrryyy familar!Looks good Mike,she looks like she did in Turkey :huh:

Thanks, Bud! I hoped you'd like her. I tried to keep it clean and the weathering to a minimum given all the hard work you put into it!

Thanks, Bud! I hoped you'd like her. I tried to keep it clean and the weathering to a minimum given all the hard work you put into it!

Jethro and I worked in shifts keeping it clean,wasn't much to do if you weren't on the flying schedule,plus it helped pass the time more quickly.

Nice job there! How did you do the intake cover?

Thanks for the compliment! That's the Steal Beaches small mouth cover. I painted it with tamiya red. I had planned to give it a wash, but the details are deep enough that they catch the light right.

Man I'll say it again...Great Build....and agree that is nice to see a reminder of how good the ole Hasegawa looks with a little love and attention...

Thanks for the kind words! I like the hasegawa kit. Granted it needs a lot more work and tons of aftermarket to bring it the latest standards but it's still a fun kit to build!

Mike,

That build rocks, it really shows how much you love the subject!! Very inspirational!!

Jeff

thanks, Jeff! It helps when you're good friend was the crew chief on it! You're right though, I really have come to love the viper. It's such a beautiful aircraft and the hasegawa kit is a fun build!

Wow! I have Viper envy. :blink: Very nice job on that model.

The PIDS pylons look great. I was looking for some for my GB Viper. Shawn Hull was the logical choice. Didn't know he ever made a set. Looks like they are OOP now. :)

Wow! I have Viper envy. :blink: Very nice job on that model.

The PIDS pylons look great. I was looking for some for my GB Viper. Shawn Hull was the logical choice. Didn't know he ever made a set. Looks like they are OOP now. :)

Yep, shawn makes them. I think he's reworking the PIDS for the new tamiya kit.