• 2 weeks later...

Okay guys, it has been a little while since the last 'Helo 66' update so I thought I better post one. Since the last post, I have finished most of the PE that I wanted to mess with on the body. I had several frustrating issues and to be honest, got fed up and there are areas that show it. I have chalked it up as another learning experience to do better on the next kit that includes a lot of PE work. So, I primed and painted the main fuselage. I did the white during a very hot and humid day and the paint job was very rough and it shows it. Again, learning experience and move on. I covered her with two good coats of future, then applied the decals. The decals from Spruebrothers are outstanding and incredible! Way to go guys. Then I sprayed her down with two more coats of future and she is drying. I have some detail painting to do and then she will be ready for weathering. Mean while work continues on the rotors, main gear, tail wheel, etc...

Here are some shots.

P1020008.jpg

P1020010.jpg

P1020011.jpg

I told you those decals are good! ...and my paint job was awful!!!

P1020012.jpg

This next shot is the my weak attempt to add a little more "detail" to the wench motor.

P1020014.jpg

Although there will be several errors and screw ups on the final build. I think now that she has her markings on, she will be a nice addition to my collection.

More updates soon...

I too agree with the other guys

She looks awesome and all that extra work really makes the world of difference. The paint always looks worse photographed and enlarged. It looks just fine to me. A nice clearcoat and it will be all good.

Thanks for the update, you have truly done a masterful job.

Cheers

Anthony

Okay, time for this weekends update. I'm close to finishing this project. I have the little details such as the lights, mirrors, windshield wipers, and other little odds and ends to finish. Oh yeah, and the main rotor... That will be in the final reveal pictures. This will probably be the last update until I post the finishing touches and the actual reveal.

Enjoy.

P1020269.jpg

P1020270.jpg

P1020271.jpg

P1020272.jpg

P1020273.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Well here goes nothing. She is finish guys. What a learning experience. First time using so much photoetch parts on one kit at any time. Pretty complex kit for just my 5th kit back after a 15 year hiatus. Overall with all the mistakes I made, I am happy with the finish product. Here is one picture to finish my build thread and the rest I will post as part of my finish submission.

P1020277.jpg

congrats on a job well done! :worship: I hope mine looks half as nice as your. what did you use to tint your canopy green?

Thanks for all the great comments guys. It was fun. I look foward to watching all of you finish out your builds.

TF51GREWISE - Nothing to fancy on the canopy. I did the usual cover the "canopy" for the lack or words in future and let it dry. I then masked up and sprayed 3 coats of tamiya clear green on the inside. It took 3 coats to get it even. Then I gave the whole thing 2 more coats of future. It worked really well.

-Jeff