AS350 Ecureuil "french Gendarmerie"

Hi alls,

today, I want to show you my last finish model kit :salute:

It's a little Eurocopter AS350 B "Ecureuil" (Squirell), flying with french Gendarmerie. This call name is "JCB".

The model kit is the Heller 1/48 (oups... 1/50) box,the only model kit of this nice helicopter (It's really pity). But with a little bit of personal work, it's possible making not too bad model. Some decals was specially make for this model.

Pics now :

dsc0109brp1.jpg

dsc0112byh9.jpg

dsc0126ut4.jpg

1014069jr3.jpg

1014102ed1.jpg

1014095oc4.jpg

1014104or3.jpg

1014107ar1.jpg

1014118ne4.jpg

1014124ty1.jpg

If you have some interest of the work :

http://www.master194.com/forum/viewtopic.p...=28&t=24436

...and special dedication for 'official supporter' of JCB : ;)

http://www.foxalpha.com/forums/viewtopic.p...sc&start=20

Best regards.

Edited by Tomcat16

Wow that is amazing!!!

I love the open access panel and the glazing has been fitted perfectly. Everything about it is superb.

Thank you very much for showing this amazing build to us.

Well........off for another look

Cheers

Anthony

Hi alls,

Thank you for your comments :huh:

Did you scratchbuild the high skids, or does the kit come with them?

The hight skids was in the "Sécurité Civile" box (the "fire extinguisher" squirell version :D ) with water tank, It's specific pieces for this version.

Cheers,

:D

Great work Tomcat! :D

I have done several AS350-kits, but none of them came out as good as yours! Especially good work on the "rubber" window frames. How did you manage these sharp black lines? On my kits these always ended up in a mess. :huh:

I remember the Ecureuil-kit has also been released as a Gendarmerie machine but it only had the low skid type landing gear.

Thanks for sharing!

Gertjan

Hi alls,

Thank you for your comments embaras.gif

What color and type of blue paint did you use?

Hi steven,

I used blue Humbrol 48 mixed with a rest of dark blue of my F4u7 Corsair.

The blue gendarmerie is rather particular because it changes tint according to the ambient light (more or less dark).

A++

Mate,

That looks absolutely sensational! I'm currently doing the RAAF AS350B version of this helicopter for the group build from the fire bomber kit but not to the extent you have done with the open cover. I'm opening one side of the cabin, but I am intrigued to know how you did the wipers and rotor as I am looking to do the same. I'm hoping to have the painting done tomorrow.

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p182/an...l/A22-004lh.jpg

Regards

Andrew

Mate,

That looks absolutely sensational! I'm currently doing the RAAF AS350B version of this helicopter for the group build from the fire bomber kit but not to the extent you have done with the open cover. I'm opening one side of the cabin, but I am intrigued to know how you did the wipers and rotor as I am looking to do the same. I'm hoping to have the painting done tomorrow.

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p182/an...l/A22-004lh.jpg

Regards

Andrew

good choice, nice squirel.

For my work on wipers and rotor, look at the link "Master194 forum" I take some pics during the work. If you want other explanations, do not hesitate contact me :sunrevolves:

Cheers

Mon Dieu!

Your Squirrel looks fantastic! I wonder how you achieve the deco pattern in pilots seats??

Congratulations.

Buenas tardes El Pibe Vitina,

very simple : pics of seat, computer and...piece of paper and glue :rolleyes:

1013631nc6.jpg

A++

good choice, nice squirel.

For my work on wipers and rotor, look at the link "Master194 forum" I take some pics during the work. If you want other explanations, do not hesitate contact me :thumbsup:

Cheers

I took note of how you did yours and did mine similarly. I have attached my finished Squirrel which is in the group build.

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index....howtopic=157076

Regards

Andrew :cheers:

• 4 years later...

Hey,

I building one of these myself and I need alot of guidence to do so. This helicopter is representing my dads work heli that he flys. I have so many questions to ask you starting with how to you make those extra parts. Spotlight, helmets, fire extinguishers, etc.... Also how do you make those seatbelts and seat patterns. please help me....

Jack

Hey,

I building one of these myself and I need alot of guidence to do so. This helicopter is representing my dads work heli that he flys. I have so many questions to ask you starting with how to you make those extra parts. Spotlight, helmets, fire extinguishers, etc.... Also how do you make those seatbelts and seat patterns. please help me....

Jack

Hi Jack,

don't hesite to open a post on your build ;) , I would answer at your questions with pleasure.

For spotlight and various equipements in the cabin, it's make with pieces of plastic. Rear seats was re-build in epoxy mastic and seatbelts with aluminium paper. I's necesary to have maximun pics of this parts before the build.

For the helmet, i's a piece of pilot without the head and modified to be adapted in french helmet.

Some pics of my work here :

http://www.master194.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=24436

Didier