1/72 Large Airliner poll 2

What airliner would you like to see in 1/72 scale?  

99 members have voted

1. 1. 1/72 Airliners

• A330/A340
    • DC-10/MD-11

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I don't understand why the 747 is in the list when it has been available for a long time in 1:72. The other three are understandable although I always thought the Tristar a very attractive aircraft.

Neil

I don't understand why the 747 is in the list when it has been available for a long time in 1:72. The other three are understandable although I always thought the Tristar a very attractive aircraft.

Neil

Neil,

Perchance do you happen to know which company makes a 1/72 scale 747 and where one might acquire one?

Paul

Neil,

Perchance do you happen to know which company makes a 1/72 scale 747 and where one might acquire one?

Paul

I have to declare a vested interest - our company (Aircraft In Miniature Limited) has made a multi-media 1:72 747-100/200 since about 1993. It is currently available from Hannants. See AIM-Transport Wings 747-100/200.

Neil Gaunt

I have to declare a vested interest - our company (Aircraft In Miniature Limited) has made a multi-media 1:72 747-100/200 since about 1993. It is currently available from Hannants. See AIM-Transport Wings 747-100/200.

Neil Gaunt

You just sold another one.

Thanks,

Paul

multi-media 1:72 747-100/200

Neil,

Speaking of your 1/72 747, I was just looking through the assembly PDF file on your site and came upon a discrepancy in the main landing gear construction section; the illustration just above the circled "D" which shows the wing and body gear placement within the Landing Gear Bay Structure... the Body Gear is installed backwards, as the Scissor Linkage should be aft instead of fwd (just like on the Wing Gear).

Sorry to inject a monkey wrench, but I thought you should be made aware of that.

Take care,

Frank

Edited by oldHooker
You just sold another one.

Thanks,

Paul

Our pleasure Paul! Just for the record, the reason we do our kits is because I wanted some airliners in my collection and nobody else did them!

Thanks Frank - something else to deal with on its next iteration!

Neil

It's not the entire gear leg, as the upper part is correct, just the lower part needs turned around.

Boeing747-100maingear.jpg

Take care,

Frank

Thanks for that - it will get fixed when we revise the kit, but there are lots more kits to bring back or create first (A-310, 767, MD-80, 737, Tristar, 757, 777, MD-11, A-3...... - not necessarily in that order or certain to appear). It is quite interesting because those which existed previously effectively come out as new kits - the CAD/CAM gives remarkable results; when I saw the first radome for the DC-8 I was delighted - such delicacy. We are lucky in that the friend who does it is a modeller who is almost an artist in CAD and he is teaching me slowly!

It is a slow process, and with the larger quantities we are producing expensive; for example I must have 4 or 5 kg of cast DC-10 main wheels in the workshop at present - it is a lot of wheels!

Neil Gaunt

Aircraft In Miniature Limited

Edited by tnuag
  • 1 month later...