1/48 Tomcat on the catapult

I'd like to do a F-14D of VF-2 during OIF ready to launch from the catapult. Have already built one of the six elements of the jet blast deflector, now making the moulds to recast it in resin. If I'll be able to do that will proceed to build the flight deck.

157c6yr.jpg

eq8q2s.jpg

rclrfl.jpg

10o0hw9.jpg

Edited by f12aaa
  • 1 month later...

I'm finally back on this project, I was very busy so was modeling slowly.

I'm been able to cast the JBD in resin but want to airbrush a coat of white primer before to take the pics of.

Now working on the flight deck, the system for the launch bar is fully done.

dqixch.jpg

33d8exi.jpg

yeah!great news about the casting of JBD..showing the last pics you've posted it will be a diorama of great dimensions..i'm very anxious about seeing your cat!will you also add some tractors?

lieto di rileggerti simone!

yeah!great news about the casting of JBD..showing the last pics you've posted it will be a diorama of great dimensions..i'm very anxious about seeing your cat!will you also add some tractors?

lieto di rileggerti simone!

No tractors on this my friend, they are usually away from the catapult while launching.

Simone.

WOW, I would love to build a DIO with a bird taking off of the deck. Maybe if someone knew the proper dimensions for a 1/32 scale that would be great. PM with that info if you got it! Thanks!