Wow!. You build fast these days Pig....great stuff.

I'm diggin' the little things about this build as much as all of the stellar stuff. For example, the primer showing through on the leading edge of the pylon, adaptors and nose of the pod. Totally groovy dude :cheers:

I've got a request though. Can I ask in advance for an outdoor, "sunshine shot" against a plain background please?

:D

cheers dog.......

Ice Master Wilson Valentine

:tease:

P.S. Pete, is it gonna be "86-0305"? From the scheme, I can tell it to be that one:p

Hi Jin!

I hope mine turns out half as nice as yours! After doing the camo in 32nd scale, I am really impressed with how yours turned out in 48th!

This one will actually be 86-314, so I need to adjust the camo pattern on the shoulders of the jet -

Regards,

Pete

I've got a request though. Can I ask in advance for an outdoor, "sunshine shot" against a plain background please?

:wub:

cheers dog.......

Ice Master Wilson Valentine

:lol:

Sure Guy! Great idea!

OK, I temporarily connected the electrics..This was wicked hard to photograph, but here's a look:

SDC10443.jpg

SDC10450.jpg

100_7640.jpg

100_7639.jpg

Pig

Edited by Pete "Pig" Fleischmann
Pete,

Are you going to paint the wood base, and if so, what color?

Sincerely,

Mark

Hey Mark,

No, I planned on leaving it-I already stained it. I have a Russian star insignia that I had laser cut to go on the base, as well as an engraved data plate, plus the switch panel-

Regards,

Pig

Pete,

Would you care to share or go a little more in depth on how you "lit up" the beast?

Thanks

Robert

Sure Robert,

I got in touch with Randy at VoodooFx-they do lighting for sci-fi models, and told him I wanted to do a burner. He built me a circuit board with a "flame" sequence that is constant illumination, but flickers slightly like a flame. He connected it to 4 LED's on about 4 inches of wire. Per his instructions, I ran a connection off the circuit board for a 9v battery and an on/off switch.

I mounted the LED's on a circular disc the same size as the inside of the afterburner tube. This disc was backed by foil to throw all of the light out the tailpipe. I mounted the disc with LED's behind some light diffusing plastic which scatters the light and breaks up the bright spots from the bulbs. I mounted three bulbs around the perimeter and one in the center of the disc, and the whole rig was mounted behind the kit flame holder. I wasn't quite satisfied with the color, so I used clear Tamiya blue and orange on the diffuser material to change the color a bit. All of the wires run down the metal support to the underside of the base.Here is the base so far:

SDC10451.jpg

Here's a look at the aft end of the assembly. I used a hot glue gun to mount the LED's. This is the end that doesn't show-the light comes out the other end:

SDC10454.jpg

The burner tube with LED's fits into a closed resin nozzle. Here is the lighted end:

SDC10456.jpg

HTH

Pig

Edited by Pete "Pig" Fleischmann
Hi Jin!

I hope mine turns out half as nice as yours! After doing the camo in 32nd scale, I am really impressed with how yours turned out in 48th!

This one will actually be 86-314, so I need to adjust the camo pattern on the shoulders of the jet -

Regards,

Pete

Hey man, don't say it... now I look back that one, I'm keep thinking if I did... or if I didn't... may be the final effect could be better.

But when I saw your this one, I was sure this must be much better than mine. Keep it up!

Cheers,

J

Hey Gents,

Finally got all of the paint work done. I spent several days putting the Future coats on...Now I'll let it set up for 48 hours then start the decaling process. This one went pretty quick-I suppose with no gear, wheel wells, and hardly any stores to build up...that helps move things along-

Sorry about all the images of the pilot..there really is not much else to show at this point!

SDC10474.jpg

SDC10478.jpg

SDC10475.jpg

SDC10477.jpg

SDC10479.jpg

SDC10476.jpg

Regards,

Pig

Beautiful as always Pete! Make sure you fill that gap at the front of the glareshield with white glue.

Use one of those small Q-tip type of applicators and jam some white glue in there, followed by a wet full sized Q-tip to smooth things out before it dries. The finish is smooth, looks natural and dries clear where it may overlap your paint. You can then brush on some of that magic black paint you've used already and, voila, no gap!