with regards to the stabilizer bar and the mixing unit, and the pitch change.

When the the swash plate moves down the pitch change link pushes the trailing edge of the respective side down, and the stab bar goes the OPPOSITE way.

so the stab bar is not rigidly mounted, it actually moves too. '

You can see UH-1N's with autopilots and SAS systems without the stab bar, but they are difficult to fly without stabilization.

Good pictures, explains a lot!

Cheers

H.

Hi Guys,

Small update but a lot of work got done. I wanted to thank everyone for all the photos I got on this thread regarding the main rotor...you have no idea how much it helped. Could not have done it without you.

Now that I am getting close to finishing the rotor I have no idea yet how to paint it..Do I glue everything together than paint (wont be able to get into small areas or do bry-brushing) or do I paint first then assemble(may risk glue marks on paint)?????

The harder thing rite now is to have the correct lenght for all the various rods.....That rotor is so fragile its scary.

Taking a break for the rest of the day since I got to go to work tonite on a show.

Oliver

medevachuey1401.jpg

medevachuey1407.jpg

medevachuey1405.jpg

medevachuey1404.jpg

medevachuey1402.jpg

medevachuey1398.jpg

medevachuey1397.jpg

Edited by shark 64

I can't imagine the stress of just workig on that beauty! I'd get the shakes just trying to put it down after working on it! What a beauty Oliver. A masterpiece in and of itself!!

Semper fi

Dan

Edited by marine4 ever

Hi Guys,

Dan, thanks so much for the nice words. A little secret .....My hands are shaking too. I almost dont want to move it to take photos.

Off to work till tomorrow. I trimmed the first set of brass rods. its starting to look like the photos you guys gave me.

Oliver

medevachuey1413.jpg

medevachuey1412.jpg

medevachuey1411.jpg

medevachuey1409.jpg

Edited by shark 64
I guess we're all runnig out of adjectives to describe your amazing work.

Bottomline: A M A Z I N G ! ! !

Thanks Klaus.

Sometimes I wish weren't in four corners of the world and all of us meet and talk helo modeling....

Thanks for the kind words.

Oliver

Hi Guys.

Just a little more work on the various rods. Pitch horns are done and the linkages are installed. I dryfitted the whole rotor unit on the Huey only to find out that it was a little too tall. Glad I did that, before I put more work into the rotor I have to fix that problem....I did measure twice but forgot to add the swash plate in the calculation.

I also started working on remaking the attachement for the blades onto the rotor unit.The kit parts looked to thick. As i mentioned to Ray I should be done with the whole rotor unit by this weekend.

I really appreciate all the kind words you guys have been writting on the build.

Oliver

medevachuey1416.jpg

medevachuey1417.jpg

medevachuey1418.jpg

medevachuey1421.jpg

medevachuey1426.jpg

medevachuey1428.jpg

medevachuey1427.jpg

Sometimes I wish weren't in four corners of the world and all of us meet and talk helo modeling....

That would be really great! Maybe we could organize an ARC-Meeting halfway between America, Euprope, Asia, Africa and Oceania!!! :crying2:

Anyhow your build is proceeding marvellously! You're putting the same effort into each sub-assembly like most of us put into the whole model.

Hi,

Another update.....you've got to be kidding you guys must think !!!! I wont be able to spend four hours in row in the morning and update as often because i am going back to work Monday.....finally another TV show for me. full time employment...Yeepee!!!

Here is the latest

In order to finish the main rotor I had to get started on the blades.. I remade the blades attachement..too much got lost in the sanding process and I did not like the molded attachement in the blades anyway.

I also noticed that I did not have any details on top of the rotor mast.

Oliver

You should tilt the stabilizer bar the oposite way of the mixer...

It does tilt a little, and would look odd, if you have the mixer cranked, but no tilt in the stab bar, also a tad pitch on the blades would be good, but difficult to model with that type of rotor head.

The mixer should move somewhat in unison with the swashplate, and the stab bar oposite of that.

OTher than that, wish I was able to build that well...

Cheers

H.

Hi Winnie.

Thanks so much for the info. I am a little restricted by the kit part. I got great photos from the guys but none that show the proper angle of the whole unit. I d love to give pitch to the blades. It might be too late to change everything at this time.

I am looking for 2 photos right below the transmission cone looking towards the front and the back of the helo right below the swash plate. My photos show 2 link rod transfers on both side but photos are too blurry.

Can anyone help. Somehow my photobucket is letting me load photos but I can access the IMG code to copy and paste on ARC. I am far from being any good with computers so I dont know what to really do....

Thanks so much

Oliver

That would be really great! Maybe we could organize an ARC-Meeting halfway between America, Euprope, Asia, Africa and Oceania!!! ;)

Anyhow your build is proceeding marvellously! You're putting the same effort into each sub-assembly like most of us put into the whole model.

Glad you added Oceania Klaus. Oliver, that rotor tower really is a piece of art, well the whole thing is really!

Regards

Andrew :(

I believe every model has a focal point. On helicopters the main rotor is one the first things one will see when they look down on the build. Needless to say this will catch many eyes! Thanks for keeping us updated on your progress.

Todd