Hey Oliver, I know I haven't posted anything in a while but I have been quietly following. The only problem it that I would be repeating others and myself every time... what you have done with build it un-bleeping-belieable! (I mean that in the nicest way possible :thumbsup: )

But in all seriousness, extremely well done and I am looking forward to seeing you bring this one home.

Tom

Edited by blackhawk7

Thanks guys.

I understand about the writing. Copy that. I sure appreciate all the kind remarks.

Working on more fading this morning and applying some Metal Foil in some areas. Will post soon.

Oliver

Edited by shark 64

Hi Guys

The firewall with the rubber pading on top was sticking out of the fuselage frame. After trying to sand it down to make it flush....I broke it. :wacko:

Already working on the new part. I will be using the kit part with some brass extra......sorry no photos yet.

I did however finish painting the air filter.

Oliver

Oliver, have you been cheating on us? http://www.helmo.gr/index.php?option=com_c...95&Itemid=1 I thought we were special here on this forum, your awesome work was for our eyes only I thought. But at least we get the latest first! The painting is looking good by the way, I like the shading. I am getting close to finishing my decaling soon, so many stencils... Keep it up, Everett

Hi

Thanks for the comments...I sure appreciate them.

Latest on the Huey.

Everett, I am not cheating on you guys.....I post all the photos here first. LOL

Since I broke the firewall, heres the new one. Its not done yet I still have to add the rubberized piece around the firewall piece. I ran out of brass for that item.

After looking at the photos that Ray sent me I decided to redo the airfilter cover on the engine side. I used one piece of turned alu I had...I had to cut it to make it fit. I realized that the scale was off off on the previous piece. I like the new one anyway.

I sprayed a light mist coat on the transmission of Alclad polished alu. I will add one more coat next week.Spraying silver is my least favorite thing.

Hope you guys like it.

Ray, can u post that engine hoist photo? Thanks

Oliver

003-18.jpg

005-13.jpg

006-12.jpg

008-15.jpg

009-6.jpg

011-8.jpg

012-4.jpg

016-5.jpg

017-5.jpg

Parts redone? Man, you are crazy! But I quite understand what you might feel looking at the build again and again: "Oh well, those parts look good. Pretty good, but... Damn! I'm not satisfied! They look cr@ppy! I have to rebuild them!"

This is what I often feel by myself.:) And I share you approach because when it comes to modeling, we're just a mirror of each other. :)

BTW, nice progress! All those parts look great!

And don't even think to rebuild them once more! :explode: :D

Cheers and happy modeling!

Alexander

This thread does such a good job of boggling my tiny brain- cheers, Oliver! This is a real tour du force in the art of brass and styrene- and paint! I'm really enjoying your approach to the grungy, well-worn finish.

Best-

chuk

Oh the humanity!!!!! It apears the model Gods have sent us a prophet! A man who can guide us to the light! A man......who can show us the err of our ways! A perfect specimen who from the darkest depths of Hell will save us from our transgressions! Thank you modeling Gods for Oliver!!!!!!

Semper Fi

Dan

Oliver,

Looking amazing! :taunt: That weathering is great, looks like a well worn helo.

BTW, only one piece reworked? I thought for sure that this is only the test build for your actual masterpiece, you need to do something with all of those spare Huey models you have. :D

mason

Hi

Very small update. Hoping to finish the air filter / transmission this long weekend.

I added the rubber protection pad on top of the firewall out of brass. I started doing it my hand wrapping it around the plastic piece..Came out like a frankenstein piece. After several tries and a jig, i am happy with it.I also aded an exter tubing around the drive shaft, the previous one looked too thin.

Ill post more photos soon.

Happy Easter everyone.

Oliver

001-27.jpg

002-21.jpg

003-19.jpg

Edited by shark 64

Hi

I got up early this morning and finished what I wanted to have done by the end of the day.

the transmision still needs shading and a wash. The yellow tank will get a wash and drybrushing once dry. I will also be adding some light chippings on some of the components.

I do need you guys HELP, I wanted to add oil puddling in the pan (silver rectancle under shaft) but I am not sure it will look good....On the fence about that..any suggestions ???

Hope you guys having a good Easter.

Oliver

011-9.jpg

014-5.jpg

017-6.jpg

018-4.jpg

021-3.jpg

022-3.jpg

024-2.jpg

028-2.jpg

026-1.jpg

027-2.jpg